Under the Helmet

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Under the Helmet

Post by TRShep »

Was just wondering what do people use under their Helmets to 1) keep cool ie fans and 2) use to talk ie mics?

Thank you guys for your time.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Under the Helmet

Post by JesterTDA »

I have two squirrel fans and two 9 volts (one battery for each). That's it. I don't have a mic set up right now. Honestly, guards don't talk and they are never asked for lines so the set up would only be for communicating with a squire or another member and I figure I can just yell if I have to. In the future I might have a mic/amp set, but for now it's not with the money for me.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Me and Skel Have a head set we use for ours. I dont have a fan set up in mine. Something about squirrel fan meets long hair. I don't want to loose my "super powers" by it caught in my hair.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TRShep

Post by TRShep »

So what headset do you guys use under your buckets? Sadly I do not have the hair length to worry about it getting caught up in fans. :(

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

We use Jim's Aker voice amps....the smaller black ones. They're awesome. I like it because I cam communicate with people (handlers, etc) in a noisy crowd. They are also great for playing Droid Hunt. They are available here:

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26880

My helmet is a large fibreglass helmet, so there is room at the forehead for one (I suppose two) squirrel fans. The fan blows down onto my face and visor. It helps with fogging and keeping me from passing out. The bottom of my visor is not attached, so it allows for hot air to vent out. I don't have much issue with hair catching in the fan, but just to be on the safe side I wear a bandana. The fan works great, but I do recommend using quality batteries. The squirrel fan I got can be found here:

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60900

Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

TRShep

Post by TRShep »

Thanks for the info Skells. Sadly though cannot get onto the forums right now due to my inactive standing, but I am sure I can find them outside the forums.

TRShep

Post by TRShep »

Well just got my voice box now just have to get everything else up and running.

LordSaga
TKID: 6365

Post by LordSaga »

Hi guys on my case use the ventilation system too (is great on stage :trsuit: )
but with the voice i use the system in hasbro helmet... i have one and extract from inside the system... and work very very good to talk with people and children, the volume is not big but enougth to interact with other people and garrison partner....
soon as posible i put some pictures for all.... and is very cheap form to add technology to the helmet :tr:

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I've got an Aker's voice amp at this point and I've used it a total of 1 time. I didn't like having all the extra wires on my helmet and microphone right next to my mouth. On top of that, there was the issue of the fans causing a buzzing noise when I talked and even when I got that sorted out I was left with the issue of not being able to hear a reply anyways :)

TRShep

Post by TRShep »

I have an akers that I use. It takes some time to get use to and get it to the proper level. I did buy a push to talk because every time I left my mic on you could hear me breath and I sound better then Vader lol