Got my helmet but with a lesson.

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Shadow
TKID: 7763

Got my helmet but with a lesson.

Post by Shadow »

Well I pulled a rookie mistake....I ordered an bucket off ebay. The bucket it's seems nice...but the lack of reseach I put into the bucket...well it's to small for my big mellon. I'm like Obi and Anakin getting stuck in a ray sheild...I knew better than this. :geez: :geez: :geez:

My head size runs about 24-24 1/2 inches. What I should had done was come over her first and found out if anyone makes a bucket that would had worked. ;)

Again it's a nice bucket and I plan on working on it as a display piece.

Again newbies...don't do as I did and pull the trigger on a costume piece without deeply reseaching it first. Remeber knowing is half the battle. And now I have been reminded as well. ;)
Last edited by Shadow on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

FallenJedi
TKID: 8071

Re: Got my helmet but with a leasson.

Post by FallenJedi »

Hey Kevin, I've been watching that same helmet for a few weeks now. I'm sorry to hear you can't use it, that's disappointing. :(
SL/CT/ID-8071

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Got my helmet but with a lesson.

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I actually own two of these helmets. I guess I run just a smaller ego.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

If I could get my head pass the neck area I would be fine. The top of the bucket would e great...just getting pass the neck to get to the top is the problem. ;)

Digger

Post by Digger »

could you please post a pic looking down into it I may have an idea and I would rather not give it unless I have a good backing
ImageOnce you go Black there is no coming back!?!

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Digger wrote:could you please post a pic looking down into it I may have an idea and I would rather not give it unless I have a good backing

Here you go! :)

big red one

Post by big red one »

I also ran into the same problem and actually the same vender on Ebay... I bought one for my son and it turns out it is too small in the neck area. I feel I could get it on but not off and that would be funny!!!
I tried to enlarge mine by splitting the helmet down the middle to widen it and the fuse it back together with fiberglass and thin wooden straps!!!
Never made it that far as when i was working on it it slipped and fell..... "you guys get the picture"
so far I have experienced almost every major prop malfunction... :geez: :shoot: :wow: so I'm going to get a larger bucket and and do this right....
just need some proper direction in finding someone who builds the larger helmet!!!!

pearl95

Post by pearl95 »

Is this the C_T resin helmet discussed in this thread:

http://forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... star#p7138

Digger

Post by Digger »

sorry its been so long. I just rememberd my login info for these boards. But my idea would be to take a dremmel to the neck area and thin it down some.
ImageOnce you go Black there is no coming back!?!

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Sorry I haven't been around. I sold my Helmet to a fellow Midsouth Garrison memeber. She has been working on it and it's looking great! Yes, she plans to join the ranks of the Guard soon. ;)

I have not given up yet. Just no time for research due to CVI planning. I want to look into more on this fiberglass bucket I keep reading about. It sounds like it might be big enough. Anyway, hope to run into to some of you at CVI! If I do and you have a big head...I might checkout your guard bucket. :) I really want to make this costume! We'll see what happens! :D

:tr2: