Color of Robe Lining and Neck Seal

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Precious

Color of Robe Lining and Neck Seal

Post by Precious »

I purchased burgundy velveteen for the lining of my robe. I just wanted to post a picture to ensure I have the correct color before I cut it.

I saw a picture of a neck seal on the forum, and I wanted to confirm that this is the proper design.

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=586

*edit*
Here is a picture taken outside at 5:00 pm with a better camera.

Last edited by Precious on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Color of Robe Lining and Neck Seal

Post by stripes »

can you please see about some pictures in natural lighting and maybe less blurry, it's hard to tell from the picture you posted

Precious

Post by Precious »

I edited the topic and posted a better picture.

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

I prefer my burgundy inners to lean a little more towards the brown side in colour, rather than the red or purple side.

But a photo never does do justice to the colour of the fabric, especially velvet. I'm sure rhe detachment leaders will give more good input!
Last edited by Cybermew3 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

That's almost a crimson red which would be good for the outer cloak. The lining material should be a dark burgundy or dark purple color as per the CRL's

This picture shows my inner robe and lining...

Precious

Post by Precious »

Thanks. When the fabric arrived, I thought it looked too light. I'll try to dye it a darker, more purple color. I've never dyed fabric before, but I've wanted to learn for quite some time. If anyone has any dying tips they would be willing to share with me, I would be grateful. :)

Precious

Post by Precious »

Does anyone have any information about the neck seal? The CRL doesn't give a description of it, but I read a post advertising Royal Guard neck seals:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=586
This neck seal looks like a crimson version of the stormtrooper neck seal. Is this how my neck seal shoud look?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Precious wrote:Thanks. When the fabric arrived, I thought it looked too light. I'll try to dye it a darker, more purple color. I've never dyed fabric before, but I've wanted to learn for quite some time. If anyone has any dying tips they would be willing to share with me, I would be grateful. :)
Having dyed the fabric for my GF's palpatine cloak.... the only advice I can give is don't unless you have to.

Dying fabric can be a pain with looser cotton weaves, I would hate to try it with Velveteen or anything of that weight.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Precious wrote:Does anyone have any information about the neck seal? The CRL doesn't give a description of it, but I read a post advertising Royal Guard neck seals:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=586
This neck seal looks like a crimson version of the stormtrooper neck seal. Is this how my neck seal shoud look?
Yes the CRL does make reference to a neck seal... it is an optional accessory for helmet off photographs.

That being said, I wouldn't really worry about it unless you are absolutely dead set on having one. The costume already doesn't breathe very well and unless you are planning on being helmet off a whole bunch, it's just not worth the extra heat IMO....

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

I'll second that. I was going to go for the neck seal with mine.. After trooping a couple of times, once in fair heat, I'm glad I didn't!! The few times I've had my helmet off so far have mainly been in hidden areas away from the public, so it hasn't really been a big deal :)

As for the fabric, If you're in the USA or Canada, I believe that there is a link to a fabric place in the costume resource thread (www.syfabrics.com I think). Although I can't order from there being in Australia, I've heard they do a really good Burgundy velvet ;)

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG