Helmet Cooling Solution.

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Andrew

Helmet Cooling Solution.

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

So I was discussing the helmet cooling solution with some friends in construction, one in particular welds the interiors of shipping barges (big boats), so he directed me to this website, and I think it would really work for our needs, plus it is reasonably priced at $90 a set.

http://www.gelcool.com/hardhat_page.html

Essentially it is a gel insert that fixes to the top of the helmet, the gels pads would be kept in a cooler and you would just switch them out every couple of hours.

So you would just need to bring yourself a cooler, I guess an electric cooler would be the best, but he said that on certain jobs where the boats do not have functional generators, he has just used a normal cooler filled with lots of ice that he just buries the gel packs into.

I am probably going to borrow his for a few days, give it a test run, then I'll report back. I did try his welding mask and hard hat, and I found that my head was so cool that I even considered putting a balaclava on, haha.

Also it appears you can heat them for the opposing temperatures.

Andrew

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Helmet Cooling Solution.

Post by JesterTDA »

I'd looked into similar set ups when I first started. I've even thought about cooling systems that are embedded into Football shoulder pads but there were so many problems with that (the least of which was the bulk) that I decided I'm just destined to lose a few pounds when I troops from now on.

Danegeld
TKID: 3928

Re: Helmet Cooling Solution.

Post by Danegeld »

Have you tested this yet?