Diving into Red Fabric- My "Build"

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Darkrose

Diving into Red Fabric- My "Build"

Post by Darkrose »

Seeing as I have the beginnings of my fabric "build" I figured I should start posting my progress. I will be doing an Episode III Imperial Guard with 4 slits in a windmill pattern. I'm using an Ao Dai pattern for my under robes in a dark red poly/gaberdine. I almost have the pants done, and will do the robe with side slits farther down for ease of movement. For the outer robes, I will be using a Musketeer pattern for my base and extend it down to floor length. I'll be making a mock up first so I can see where I'll need to figure out seams and drape. I'll post pics of my bucket once we get the eye shield in. Of course, we'll be doing a pike, but still figuring out which way we want to make it.

Patterns

Gloves
They look long here, but they sprunch up nice on my forearm (a great $10 find!)

Boots
Comfy, and cheap on Amazon.com (luckily I wear standard womens sizes lol)

DH-17
My now, officially 501st Stormtrooper Hubby helped with the D-ring and dry brushing, but I pretty much did the putty, sanding and paint.

Boots with pants test

I'll keep you updated as I get more pieces done. It's nice to have a few pieces in place at least!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Diving into Red Fabric- My "Build"

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Just REMEMBER you can have pants under the robes but you have to have UNDERROBES under the OUTERROBES ;)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darkrose

Re: Diving into Red Fabric- My "Build"

Post by Darkrose »

True that! I just have not finished my UNDERrobes yet. Me and my shiney new sewing machine were making friends last night. Perhaps this weekend I can accomplish that one before I set upon altering my OUTER robe patterns. ;)