Lucious Talvloinne's WIP ROTS GUARD

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Lucious Talvloinne's WIP ROTS GUARD

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This will be my thread for the ROTS Robes.

I received both fabrics from wwww.syfabrics.com.

12 yards of Dark Burgundy Triple Velvet
6 yards of Red Triple Velvet

NOTE: The red is a darker shade than the original red that I got from Joann's last year. Which will give a more crimson look to my guard.

I will be doing the under robes in four pieces. Long shirt, pants, skirt with slits on the sides up to the knees. and sash. I'm basing the sash design off of the S.A. versions by using a plastic belt clasp vs the Velcro.

The outer robe will consist of 4 pieces. Front panel - back panel and side panels. The sides will be sewn to the center of my chest on the sides.

I plan on having these done by mid November.

Already in my possession are the Suede boots and the leather gloves.

Today is the big day - I get Under robes made up. Pictures to follow.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Re: Lucious Talvloinne's WIP ROTS GUARD

This has been a real fun working though on this costume. I split it into 3 pieces - Shirt - Pants and Skirt. I did this so for any body growth, I would have to only update certain pieces. I will go back and line outer robes after my Parade event and the same with the 1 inch belt sash. I will get pictures of this posted this afternoon.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Cool. I'm looking foward to seeing your pics, and hearing about today''s parade. :)

For an update on mine, I've received all my velvet, and successfully tied attractive knots on my rope belt. Now it's just a matter of making all my velvet costume parts.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Nothing yet. I had a woman after the parade man handle my robes. Which is like a total party fowl. And it ripped out some of the seams on the left shoulder. It wasn't completely hemmed for the parade but it held up well and was under control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjdv_Vfm3Tg

not the best quality. but a much improvement over my 2007 debut.

Darth Skellington

Cool vid. :) I see the TRs drew the short straw when it came to airtime. :P

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I wouldn't say that - I got to be scene before the Frogs.

A little history on us and this parade.

2006 = Zero airtime
2007= 47 secs airtime
2008 = almost 2 minutes and an interview

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

here is one shot i got from the parade

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

Looks wonderful. The boots were a terrific find. Work on your straight-arm carry for the pike. Also, PM me with your addy again for the envelope I need to send out to you. *heh*

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

NaTR-7499

Post by NaTR-7499 »

Hey dude,

Your costume looks SWEET!!!! I think you did a great job on it. Where did you find those gloves????

Nate
Nathan Neidig
TR/TA-7499
Garrison Carida
Sovereign Protector
and Armored Cavalry
Detachment Member

Darth Skellington

I picked up the same gloves LT has.....they are from a South American costume maker that I'll call "CP". Do an ebay search for Royal Guard GLoves and you'll find them. The gloves are really nice, IMO. I think the only way you could get a better custom glove is to meet with a glovemaker in person. It will take about 2 months from order date to delivery date. I'm very happy with mine. Lucious...are you still happy with yours?