Are there any good measurements on Force pikes?

TR-2011
TKID: 2011

Are there any good measurements on Force pikes?

Post by TR-2011 »

I have a friend who is going to make ROTJ force pikes out of aluminum, and I need to get the measurements on the pike. I can't find any good measurements on the different parts anywhere! Are there any other than the length of it?

Please help! My friend is a really good aluminum worker and if it turns out good he might be able to do a run on them.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Are there any good measurements on Force pikes?

Post by JesterTDA »

There is a general range of length but it's all about the individual holding it. Hold a rod (or stick or anything) in your hand. Stick your index finger pointing down, maybe add an inch or two and that's your bottom. Make sure you have your helmet on and then mark a line about 6-12 inches over your helmet when the rod is resting on your shoulder. There you have it. Not too long, not too short. Just remember...the ROTJ pike has spiky rasps which I've yet to see machined by anybody.

TR-2011

Post by TR-2011 »

I know the length but I'd like to how thick is it supposed to be at the top and bottom? How far down from the top are the rasps going to be? How thick are the handgrips supposed to be? Can I use a pool cue for reference for instance, since they are thinner in the top, or is it the rod going to be as thick at the bottom (handle not included) as at the top?

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I actually used a 4' pool cue as my first pike (I'm working on my second one now using a ski-pole). On top of the pool cue I added a small child's 5mm squirter for giving medicines orally which added a little bit of height. Then on the bottom I added the bottom half of a pommel. Again...there is nobody here who is going to look at the pike your buddy machines and say, "That should be about 2mm thicker.." So long as you have it look like the reference pictures you're golden.

TR-2011

Post by TR-2011 »

Ok. Thanks for the input. I'll post pics when it's done :)