Visor material idea

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Xeno
TKID: 4671

Re: Visor material idea

Post by Xeno »

Marcus, if you still have some and are willing, I'd be happy to pay you for some laminated. I have a DP bucket that is in need of a visor also. Please PM me Re this.
Dune Sea Garrison, Arizona USA
TR, TI, TI-Reserve, IC
TK-building, SL-building, DZ-building
R2 Builder-Whitsler building, MSE Builder- Retired

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

Xeno, PM inbound!

Xeno
TKID: 4671

Post by Xeno »

Thanks Marcus!
Dune Sea Garrison, Arizona USA
TR, TI, TI-Reserve, IC
TK-building, SL-building, DZ-building
R2 Builder-Whitsler building, MSE Builder- Retired

iluvnos
TKID: 6653

Post by iluvnos »

According to the CRL's a dark visor?black is allowable. So since this helmet does not let any fresh air in as we all know I took a black section of screen and overlapped it in a crossing pattern three times. This is the best idea as it lets in fresh air and allows you to see and no one can see in when you get your picture taken.

We are in the process here in the Tampa Bay Squad of finishing two shadow guards and we painted the screen red and it still looks amazing.

I can post pics if you like of the black screen in my bucket if you wish. The shadow guard is still being worked on.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I've never liked the idea of black mesh for a visor...I don't think it looks right personally (I'm not speaking CRL, just personal opinion). As for air flow, I've got a 1/4" gap at the bottom of my visor which allows air in and you can't tell it's there unless you're looking down on me, with a flashlight, from 6 inches away (which is a highly unlikely scenario). The fact of the matter is...these buckets are NOT comfortable in warm weather. They're NOT comfortable indoors. They are barely comfortable in cold weather.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

This has been discussed at the command level and it has been agreed that mesh visors will NOT be approvable for 501st membership by CRL standards or for formal/canon troop standards. They will however remain acceptable as an option for non-formal events.

LT and I are working on updating all of the CRL's to reflect this change as well as working on the remaining CRL's to be completed.

For those who already have them, they will be grandfathered in, but they will no longer be acceptable going forward.