visor

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

NoslenLRAc
TKID: 2275

Re: visor

Post by NoslenLRAc »

How about the actual visor itself?

Are Fenixprops visors decent? I've got a TK friend trying to purchase material from a wholesaler, but hasn't had the time to follow up on it. I need to get my mods done!

He's got great ratings on Ebay, but I want to be sure the material will not scratch accidentally too easily. Other ideas for sources?
In service of the Emperor,

TR-2275
Carl Nelson (aka Noslen L'Rac)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I've gotten those visors before. No probs with them
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

NoslenLRAc

Post by NoslenLRAc »

I got my new visor. Now, before I remove the old one and enlarge the opening... what is the best way for forming the visor to the curve of the helmet?

I warmed plexiglass up in the oven to do my first one. I was able to get it to the proper curve for the helmet. Suggestions on this anyone?

TR-2275

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

You could hold a piece of paper inside of the opening and trace the edge with a pencil. Once you heat the visor just bend it to match the line.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

NoslenLRAc

Post by NoslenLRAc »

Finally got my DP helmet visor opening cut out completely. Now the tricky part of getting it mounted. I originally wanted to try velcro, but will probably have to stick with glue, as I don't want any sweat running down the front of the visor from the top. However, there is a small lip on the top of the opening.

Any suggestions? Or do I just use a lot of glue? I'm also going to heat the visor up a bit to relieve some stress of holding it in. Would hate for it to pop off in the middle of a troop or something.

TR-2275