FORCE PIKE BUILD

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Doc-Girlfriend
TKID: 9693

FORCE PIKE BUILD

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

SO.... I am starting my forcepike build

so far I am using a carbon fiber fishing rod as the base (nice and light)

stacked zinc washers and rubber o ring spacers for the emitter tip

I am concerned the rings are too wide ... tried smaller ones but you could hardly see them :P

the rod is too long and I need to knock a bit off the top and add the little pointy part of the emitter tip to it

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: FORCE PIKE BUILD

Post by JesterTDA »

It's looking good but the emitter needs to be a lot closer to the end. As far as lenght it just needs to look good on you, meaning you hold it in hand and the end should be a few inches over your helmet. Look at the references, and the movies.

Doc-Girlfriend

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

Thanks... :D

I have knocked about 5 inches off the end... I was way tooo long .... the end was sooo far over my head :P

Doc-Girlfriend

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

My pommel build ... have seen a lot of different looking pommels around... heres what I have come up with ... comments and criticism
Its a golf ball retriever with a hose connector ...

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Post by MagnaPrime »

I like the pommel, there tends to be a lot of variation permitted on that, due to restrictions of parts availability.
But I like it anyway. Your coils at the top may be a bit large, but I've certainly seen larger.
Can I ask what you're using as the base, I don't recognize it as anything and it looks like a really good foundation to build off of?

Doc-Girlfriend

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

Thanks.

Have hae made the coils smaller... found some better zinc washers to use ... much much better

The base is a collaspable fishing rod. I bought it from ebay for $7 then I pulled all the crap off it and cut the top piece down to a nice height. I have joined the two middle segments together and sanded it smooth before painting it silver... more pics to come ...

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

As long as you get the basic right shapes its not going to be a deal breaker. A square pommel for example would not work.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Doc-Girlfriend

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

pommel complete

Doc-Girlfriend

Post by Doc-Girlfriend »

bdgr
TKID: 4468