Fiber Glass helmet is to small :(

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Re: Fiber Glass helmet is to small :(

Post by TRShep »

Thats how mine was didn't fog up while I was just testing out but that troop with my robes on and fog appeared :)

xorex
TKID: 1235

Post by xorex »

What would you guys recomend to avoid or reduce the fogging up?
would installing fans help?

thanks
JS

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Post by TRShep »

I use fans and a substance called fogtech

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Yes, fans help. Anti-fogging stuff I haven't found to be helpful because when it fogs up it's because of temperature and humidity and the inside of my whole helmet get's a layer of condensation, not just the visor. I don't know of a way to fix that other than to be careful where I troop (ie...no more cold rainy days for me).

justincase_2008

Post by justincase_2008 »

Yeah i ran around all night on Halloween in FL which is always 190% humidity for some god awful reason. Didnt fog to bad till I chased a group of kids I use to baby sit. For some reaon a Royal Guard is scary. But once i get a few troops in ill look into fans or swapping to a bigger helmet. Not having a pony tail helped with putting the helmet on just have to watch out i dont get all my hair in front of my face.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I got a pony tail that goes down the middle of my back and I wear both a Guard and a Senate Commando :)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

As far as mics go, most of us in Star Garrison (myself included) have Aker voice amps by Jim Sauter (TK6294). He offers them on the legion boards.

I've found they work great for me.....and you can get a PTT (push to talk) button from him so your mic isn't "always-on" and people don't have to hear you breathe. Works great for Droid Hunts, loud conventions, or any other situation. Even if it's just for talking to your handler from more than 10 inches away. I can actually wear the headset in my helmet, but if I wanted to I also got a wireless unit from him, so I could remove the mike from the metal wire headset and mount it in my helmet (or any other helmet).
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LordSaga
TKID: 6365

Post by LordSaga »

hi every one i buy my helmet on south america and you can see on my avatar the size.... is not a bubble head helmet, i particularly don't like the over sizes... but the person that make my helmet selling by EBAy too... i put the link for all those interesed on the DP helmet size and quality hand made work!!!! :D :D :trsuit:

:tr: :forcepike: :forcepike: :forcepike: :forcepike:

*edited for content*
ENJOY THIS

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

As a reminder folks, we do not allow links to sellers on the site. If you have information you would like to share please send it via PM to interested parties. We do not want to find out that a vendor has been shut down by LFL due to a link on our website.

Thank you for your cooperation!

The Admin Team

LordSaga
TKID: 6365

Post by LordSaga »

Ouch!!! Sorry.... the new guy do it again :aww: :geez:

next time will be more cautious.....
:tr2: