Fiber Glass helmet is to small :(

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

necrokitty
TKID: 10337

Re: Fiber Glass helmet is to small :(

Post by necrokitty »

I just got one of the South American ones and it fits well. Just need to dremel, sand and paint it now.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I won't get into the linage of the helmets (from any seller) but I will say this, the helmets need to look like Royal Guard helmets and they need to fit. The smaller framed the person a smaller helmet will look perfect on them. The larger framed a person, the larger helmet will look right. The fact of the matter is that the helmet is uncomfortable, you can't breath well, you can't see great, and you can't communicate to save your life. Don't force a smaller helmet on your head then you need to.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Communicate :) I use hand signals with my handler
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Communicate... um... yeah.... that's why I bought a mike system :P

justincase_2008

Post by justincase_2008 »

JesterTDA wrote:I won't get into the linage of the helmets (from any seller) but I will say this, the helmets need to look like Royal Guard helmets and they need to fit. The smaller framed the person a smaller helmet will look perfect on them. The larger framed a person, the larger helmet will look right. The fact of the matter is that the helmet is uncomfortable, you can't breath well, you can't see great, and you can't communicate to save your life. Don't force a smaller helmet on your head then you need to.
Oh im not forcing it on. Its now laying around in hopes of a trade with a local RG with a to big of a helmet. Oddly i can breath just fine with out fogging the lens even though the lens touches my eyebrow.

And stripes i was looking into getting a mic system if people used them in the Tampa Squad. Would be nice to call for help lol.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The mike system has been great for communicating to handlers at events... no need to step backstage necessarily as it were...

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

I've tried a mike system, and I'm sure if I sat down and worked it into my helmet I could pull it off, but it's been a pain for me in the past. I should probably work on that though :)

justincase_2008

Post by justincase_2008 »

I was thinking the throat mics would work the best. Would only really need it to talk to other members.

xorex
TKID: 1235

Post by xorex »

Hi gang,
I just got my bucket today, looks great.
I got it from steviebxxx on Ebay...looks good and fits perfectly and the lens doesn't fog up

anyway here's my little two cents on the helmet thing :)

xorex

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

Great to hear! As for your lenses fogging up...they might not be fogging up now, but just wait until you've got a few layers of velvet on, then your story might change :) Hope not of course.