Just bought a DP helmet, what do I do now? lol

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

redpaint
TKID: 6263

Re: Just bought a DP helmet, what do I do now? lol

Post by redpaint »

The one's we have over here can be cut with a stanley knife. Or even a good pair of sewing scissors.
candychic125 wrote:Cool, tyvm for the info. Is it hard to cut?
redpaint wrote:For the visor what a lot of us over here use is a replacement welders visor grade 3 and just cut the shape you want and then glue in place.
They're not red but have the advantage of no eyes even under flash photos.

You can get them from any saftey work wear type store.
They're usually only around $20 too, and you can easily get 2 or more visors out of them.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

It all depends on how thick the visor material is as to how easy it'll be to cut ;)

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

To tint the clear plastic I used some window tint from an autoparts store. As for cutting the the clear shield I did it just with an exacto knife/razor blade. Just score a few times and it'll be cut.

tb750
TKID: 750

Post by tb750 »

The welders masks are very easy to cut. I've been able to cut them with some strong scissors. Also, if you don't want to grind out the whole mask you can keep pieces in place and use E-6000 glue to hold the lens in place on the outside rather than placing it inside the helmet.