Any Patterns for the Outer Robe???? HELP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Re: Any Patterns for the Outer Robe???? HELP

Post by Ang »

Bill and Jonah,

I understand you guys have some discrepancies, can I ask that you take it to PMs or off the board? Thanks guys!

I'm pruning the thread of anything that doesn't help the rookies directly, just to shorten it up. I hope you understand.

Love,

Your fearless leader. :D

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

Understood.

- Bill

TK9115
TKID: 0

Post by TK9115 »

Cheers Ang ;)
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

RedGuard

Post by RedGuard »

Peregrinus wrote:Well, in the mean-time, what else do you have that you can work on for this? Any other pieces left to buy or build? You've got the fabric? Working on your inner tunic yet? :)

Also, I'm going to be including instructions on how to modify the pattern to turn it into a two-slit version of the ROTJ, as the POTF action figure and some of the c.1983 merchandising materials showed. After you make and get approved in your screen-accurate version, if you plan to do a lot of trooping events or conventions, the two-slit version will be much easier to do things in. Just keep your left arm in most of the time and the second slit will be invisible. :)

--Jonah

Hey, long time.. any progress on the patterns? I've been really to crazy busy to get to anything lately.
Jeff
aka. RedGuard

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

Yes. I'm back after a couple months of limited availability. Question: do you have access to someone who knows tailoring? Because you're probably going ot have to be a living dummy to get the final fit right.

Let me double-check the price with my local reprographics place where I'll be printing this out. I'm still turning it into a real, commercial-quality pattern, but I've successfully translated the pattern I was given into a digital format and am doing a final proofread of the instructions. PM me with your address so I can calculate shipping and give you a final quote. :)

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Post by sl9911 »

Any luck on this yet

RipRoar

Post by RipRoar »

I would love to get a copy of this pattern asap as well. Would pay for shipping or be even be willing to pull an abs version of the Helmet (Unassembled from molds I have been given) for trade of the pattern and tutorial. Let me know!

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hell, I'd like a pattern as well, but my buddy says he might be able to do without. . .
:shadow:
Jonathan 'Squirrel' Cardin
TX-4361 FL Garrison, Tampa Bay Sq.
Building a ROTS Guard. . .

Peregrinus

Post by Peregrinus »

Gradually re-immersing myself in 501st stuff. I shan't go into drama at this time. I'd been focussing on real life and my Mando Mercs costuming for the last bit, here. Let me dust off my TR stuff ans see where I am with all this. I'm volunteering at a con this weekend, so don't expect much from me until next week...

--Jonah
"The Royal Guards on the bus go '..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...; ..., ..., ...'" :tr:

-- Overheard at Celebration IV

whiteee
TKID: 8053

Post by whiteee »

Hi, I have been a cleared tk in the UKG for a year now and after some convincing to join us I am now researching for a royal guard costume for the girlfriend and I am looking for patterns (inner and outer robes). I have been unsuccessful using the search on the forum, it keeps telling me the search is too common?!

any pointers would be great - cheers whiteee