ROTS Royal Guard for my husband

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: ROTS Royal Guard for my husband

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Then I guess I am move a of Luscious Diva than you are ;) Personally I like the neck seal look.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the neck seal for helmet off pictures, sure beats what I look like with a crappy white t-shirt poping out from under my robes once the helmet is off, but I'm more of a survivalist when I put on that bucket :)

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

So, the gloves I ordered arrived and they are very red, not dark red. Is this going to be a problem? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might safely darken them? They are super nice and I don't want to chance ruining them.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Do you have the robes yet? If so how about a picture comparing them. I'd say you could always dye them but I have no idea how to dye velvet.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Post pictures of the gloves please. Btw Leather dying is like Fabric dying. You can have two bolts that are called the same thing but they will vary slightly.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Okay, below is a picture of the gloves, the velvet for the outer cloak, and the material for the inner robe. The gloves are not orange at all. They are just bright red. The velvet is the acetate/nylon blend velvet from distinctivefabrics.com in "Red". I have a great deal of experience dying fabrics including velvet (see profile pick ;) ). Silk velvet dyes very nicely, but synthetics, like both of these fabrics, are tricky and you need special dyes. It doesn't really matter though, because it's the gloves that probably need to go darker, not the fabrics. :geez: Let me know if I'm going to need to learn how to dye leather. I just really don't want to screw these up.

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Maybe they aren't sooo far off from these? Maybe???

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

These are perfectly fine. Don't Sweat the little stuff. You are doing great :)

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Okay, great.

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

I'm ready to put the lining in the outer cloak, but I want to make sure I'm not going to have any approval problems with the color. The CRL standard still calls for "burgundy or dark purple fabric that matches the inner robe" like the RotJ cloak. However, it is easy to see that the RotS lining does not match the inner robes. It looks like a slightly lighter red than the cloak, so that's how I'd like to do Adam's. It's weird how many things they changed in the RotS version, but I love it.
Star Wars The Exhibition Madrid - Guardia Real del Emperador - Emperor's Royal Guard (11) by Toromodel, on Flickr