ROTS Royal Guard for my husband

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

BrieWings

ROTS Royal Guard for my husband

Post by BrieWings »

I'm finally starting work on my husband's (gaffeyswim) ROTS Royal Guard. I'm looking to buy some of the accessories and I'd like some input.

Boots: Do you think these boots would be okay? I'm guessing I'd have to remove the buckles
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ270816888 ... SS:US:1123

Gloves: In pictures it looks like the gloves are a darker red like the inner robes. Is that correct? Should I avoid bright red gloves that match the outer cloak?

Visor: I know that there are already sources posted on hear, but they are all over the place, so could someone just point me in the right direction or give me a link to the right topic?

Helmet: Has anyone tried the Krylon fusion for plastics? It says that it doesn't need sanding or painting. Someone in the 501st recommended I still give it a light sanding. Will that be sufficient? When I'm done painting, is a spray gloss finish going to be good?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: ROTS Royal Guard for my husband

Post by JesterTDA »

I didn't use Krylon Fusion, but I did use the Krylon normal paints...a glossy red. As for the visor...I know people have found red mirrored visors on The 'Bay normally used for football helmets or motorcycle helmets. Those are the 2 parts I have the most experience with. I'll let others answer about the boots and the gloves.

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Thanks! LuciousTalvloinne also sent me a pm with some very helpful info. I'll post progress pictures once I get rolling.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I am an open book of sorts at times.
:trsuit:
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Okay, I have the boots, gloves, velvet, and visor. I'm working on the helmet.

I have a question about the neck seal. Is a mandarin collar or neck seal preferred? Should the neck seal be black or red?

Also, is CP going to be the best place to get a ready made force pike? Are there other places? How much will they run?

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

There is no need for a neck seal. Unless there is something wierd going on you will never see a guard's neck. The ones you see people wearing are for when they take their buckets off, which isn't in public. It's clearly a personal choice, just one I don't personally do...why have ONE more thing making you hot under that bucket.

Again, as for the forcepike. CP is great if you don't want to get your hands dirty but are willing to shell out the money. You can easily make a ROTS pike for under $50 and there are lots of people's versions on the site here.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Well It was put into place with some minor reference. Along with other Imperials having them on their costume. Imperial Consistency.

Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

BrieWings

Post by BrieWings »

Okay, my husband (Adam - "gaffeyswim") thinks the neck seal will be cool for helmet off photos, and it'll be a dickey, so he can choose not to wear it when it's hot.

I'm leaving the force pike to Adam. He's looked at all the tutorials and is prepared to make it, but he really likes the CP one. There's no price listed, so we are waiting to hear back from them.

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

Pm sent :)

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Well It was put into place with some minor reference. Along with other Imperials having them on their costume. Imperial Consistency.
I completely understand imperial consistency but personally I'm not putting anything more than I need to under my helmet to cover up any skin. Bucket off photos? I might put on my neckseal I have for my clone (but it's black). Never really thought about it.