Some advices to my costume?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

gilvagor
TKID: 5584

Re: Some advices to my costume?

Post by gilvagor »

I took a blow dryer and heated up the visor a bit. Then used a hot glue gun to glue the visor in place. Worked perfectly and haven't had an issue yet.
Toller
TR5584

lorddrizzt
TKID: 7556

Post by lorddrizzt »

Great, thank you both for great advices - will do it the same way.

It is clear that RG costume is not for hot weather - probably Malaki would be better choice for the summer :trsuit:
TR-7556 Darth
Czech Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Its not meant for hot weather???

This was taken on May 5th 2009

Drink lots of fluids
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

lorddrizzt

Post by lorddrizzt »

Well, would need a trailer full of bottles with water plus there is problematic manipulation with the costume (robe + trousers) for going to toilet every 30 minutes :o) (imagine RG in full costume trying to pee next to you at the public toilet - seems like fun, but not to RG)

The person on the picture seems slim, with plenty of breathing space under the helmet. My body on the other hand is closer to the Malaki - i.e. I would be sweating much more in hot weather.
TR-7556 Darth
Czech Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Yep I was wearing the version you got in that picture. My best advice: Troop smart. No event is worth your health.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

lorddrizzt

Post by lorddrizzt »

Sir, yes Sir!

I can always put both costumes into the car and decide which one to wear according to weather.
TR-7556 Darth
Czech Garrison

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Post by TRShep »

Yeah the past couple of troops I have done the squires have made sure to come up to me and ask if I need a break and will force me if they think I have been out to long. I am a big guy and man I sweat a lot so I make sure to take breaks and drink plenty of water.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

What I was amazed with the heat of trooping in the guard is that the heat rose inside the helmet to a point and then leveled out. In late July I trooped a baseball game and the outside temperatures were above 90 degrees. We just took lots of breaks and stayed out of the sun whenever I could. Get a headband to keep your eyes clear, it'll help.

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

One of the Vaders here wears a ice vest under his costume.
I am going to have a crack at it this summer, ( winter is just finishing here )
I really think it might work, he troops his Vader for hours without needing a break

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I've considered buying one of those flexible water holder backpacks and throwing it in the freezer for a few hours before a troop to see if that helps but I don't want to look like the Hunchback Royal Guard.