DP Helmet

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

foxtrot

DP Helmet

Post by foxtrot »

I have got a Don Post helmet on the way and it needs some repair work:

* Top left hand side of visor needs repairing
* New Visor
* Respray

Silly question, but what is the Don Post helmet made from?

Best material to fix the damage above the visor? In the photos I have seen it looks uneven and a very poor repair done on it, so going to remove the current repair and then use some filler and reshape and then respray, is there any particular filler I should go for?

Where is the best place to find a replacement visor? any particular type I should go for?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: DP Helmet

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Do you have said pictures of said helmet? From there we can further help you in your quest.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

not yet, the ones from the sale where not of great quality. Once it arrives I will get some nice shots up.

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey It's Tony again. I came across this guard helmet on ebay and the seller randomplusygo says that it's made from fiberglass. He is asking $35 for it plus shipping but I have seen some of the good quality fiberglass ones that go for at least $200. So is this one a fiberglass or is it the ABS plastic? Here is the url: ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Imperial-Guard-Helmet-/270803895397?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2214366501252686579
I thought most fiberglass helmets end up being shiny looking. Also in the photo it looks on the small side. That's it for now. Red Force Unleashed guard in the making over and out.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Hard to tell from those 2 pictures how large it is and what it's actually made of. The fact it's not shinny doesn't make it NOT fiberglass, it just means it wasn't painted with a gloss paint and it wasn't cleaercoated. I'd write the seller and ask for some measurements. At the worst case, $35 isn't bad.

Kato

Post by Kato »

OK so the guy is actually selling this for a friend and doesn't know about some of the makers such as Don post or Rubies or some of the guys down in South America that also make the fiberglass versions. He did tell me that it is 1' 6" to 2 feet in length and that it has not had the clearcoat applied yet. That's all he could tell me.

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

For $35 who cares...at worst it ends up on your bookshelf and not on your head.

foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

Its arrived, cost me Ă‚ÂŁ40 so not bad. Its a little tight to get on, if I put it on a certain way it gets stuck....

Will post some high-res images shortly.

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

looks great...needs to be shiny of course but anytime you put on that helmet you've got to feel good

foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

yep, all starts now.

The helmet will def need a respray, has some plastic stress marks on which wont polish out.

For fixing some damage to the front and visor area, whats going to be the best putty/filler to use?