Voice

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Brutal magic
TKID: 5968

Voice

Post by Brutal magic »

Hi Guys,

What do you guys do about voice?
As for my TK I use a Rom fx, Do royal guards need a voice unit (with static burst) or do you just not talk at all?

Thoughts...
Image TK5968

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Re: Voice

Post by TRShep »

I have one just to talk to the squires. I know some of the brothers do not talk to the crowd to maintain character.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Guards aren't expected to talk. I personally don't have a unit but I plan on getting one just so I can talk with fellow members/squires. If you wanted to talk with people, I'd say no static burst is necessary.

gilvagor
TKID: 5584

Post by gilvagor »

I use an Aker. I had to get one cause nobody could hear me when I was saying something. I had this whole conversation and it was with just myself.
Toller
TR5584

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Let the Pike do the talking. Actually we have a local guy who sales some voice amps and such
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

gilvagor

Post by gilvagor »

On the voice topic is there something to modify your voice to sound more like the storm troopers in the movies?. If so anybody selling them?
Toller
TR5584

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

gilvagor wrote:On the voice topic is there something to modify your voice to sound more like the storm troopers in the movies?. If so anybody selling them?
No...don't make me go to the 501st Sale/Trade forum...my wife has banned me from that.....okay...I went...and I found this. Not sure if it's what you're looking for but it at least does the static burst if you really wanted it.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

I'm not aware of anything that modulates your voice, but I've not really looked for one either.

I use an Aker voice amp from Jim Sauter, same guy who sells the iComm static burst machines. Jim's in my Garrison and a great guy. His products are awesome. I find the voice amp essential for communicating with others, and good for droid hunts. I usually don't talk much though. I use a push-to-talk button so people don't hear me breathing (Jim sells PTT buttons too).

Personally, I think the Guards would have a much better comm system than the TKs would, and as such a static burst is a little inappropriate. Just my opinion. Jim's iComm is very cool, but one of it's settings or functions is to give off random static bursts and/or chatter even when you aren't talking, which definitely is more suited to other troopers. I'd have to reread his info though to see which settings can be turned on or off.

I highly recommend an Aker amp from Jim though. Keeps you from sounding like Darph Nader from Hardware Wars. :P
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

gilvagor

Post by gilvagor »

I got the aker amp from him actually. I was just wondering about the modding of the voice and not so much about the static burst.
Toller
TR5584

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Hmm..not sure about voice modding. I have no experience there. The only modding I've heard discussion about is for Vaders....and most people not being happy with it. I did hear some new Vader mod is out there that sounds pretty good. Not sure if any of those could be used for trooper/guard purposes.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.