UK Garrison Senate Guard Cleared for Duty!

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

TK IAIN

UK Garrison Senate Guard Cleared for Duty!

Post by TK IAIN »

After what has felt like a lifetime my Senate Guard had been cleared and will be seen in public for the first time at a troop in two weeks.

The catual costume as seen in a previous post was submitted for clearance but did.t get cleared as the visored version has leather gunatlets/gloves whereas the plumed version has the fabric ones.

So a search ensued for leather gunatlets ensued, was found and the guantlets were made and this is the result! The only (at the mo!) Senate Guard in the UK Garrison and that for me is the appeal, that of having the only one for now.

Image Image

Image Image
Iain

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: UK Garrison Senate Guard Cleared for Duty!

Post by JesterTDA »

That looks fantastic! As you know, doing it right is always better than doing it quickly.

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

God!
I never realised that my spelling was so bad in the initial post!And I went to Uni as well! :o

Anyhoo!The SG gets its first outing this weekend and all goes well it should be OK.Only concern I have is that the boots, being riding boots, are'nt exactly designed for walking about much but being a Guard I won't be expexted to be jumping about all over the place.

Not expecting any major probs other than the usual "first troop" niggles.

Can't wait for the weekend and I'll post up any pics that get taken.
Iain

Mithras

Post by Mithras »

Iain -

Love your costume, and it's something I've been considering myself. Any chance you could fix the picture links? They don't appear to be working!

-Alex

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Mithras wrote:Iain -Love your costume, and it's something I've been considering myself. Any chance you could fix the picture links? They don't appear to be working!-Alex
Howdy Alex.

As requested here are the pics and some others that I have.

In some of the pics I am wearing cotton/velvet gloves which are not clearable for the visored helmet version of the costume(but they are good to go for the plumed version which I plan on doing at some point). I only found out about the gloves when I sent the pics in for clearance.

The leather gauntlets where made for me by a company in Argentina.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Iain

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

Looking good Ian!

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Marcus wrote:Looking good Ian!
In the second last picture I am honestly about to sneeze hence the "weird" look!
Iain

Mithras

Post by Mithras »

Brilliant, thanks, Iain. Beautiful job you did on the costume, too. Thanks for the tip on the gloves.
Any suggestions about where I might find the helmet? Or was it something you had to convert from an existing Royal Guard model?

-Alex

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Mithras wrote:Brilliant, thanks, Iain. Beautiful job you did on the costume, too. Thanks for the tip on the gloves.
Any suggestions about where I might find the helmet? Or was it something you had to convert from an existing Royal Guard model?-Alex

Howdy again Alex.

Thanks for the comments on the costume.

The helmet was made by a very talented lady in the Uk and her hubby is a member of the UK Garrison. It was made about two years agon now and as far as I know she does still have the mould (mind you that was about 6mths ago).

I have pm'd you with the details of the Argentina company that did my gloves as they have their own SG lid now and they are also making the plumed version but I have'nt heard anything back from them in a while.

Iain
Iain