ROTJ Force Pike Rasp

bdgr
TKID: 4468

ROTJ Force Pike Rasp

Post by bdgr »

In my investigation of items to build a ROTJ Force Pike, I came across the following thread insert that sorta looks like the spikey rasp:

Any opinions? I'm thinking of purchasing a pack of these to try them out. They are not too expensive, but I would have a lot of extra pieces, since they come in packs of 50.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

Kato

Re: ROTJ Force Pike Rasp

Post by Kato »

How much would you sell them for and how are you looking to attach it to your pike?

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

What the heck is that? Any more pictures or specs? It looks like it is made of metal and screws on. Interesting.

bdgr

Post by bdgr »

They are die cast metal and I believe they are used in putting together wooden furniture (?). They are only ~.5" in length, so you may need to stack two or three together. They have internal threads, so I'll have to figure a way to connect them together and attach them to the pike pole. Probably a small wooden dowel, threaded rod, or something. I don't have any information about their outer diameter (including the spiked points), but I did go ahead and ordered a pack for evaluation as a possible force pike rasp. I'll give more info once I have them in hand.
bdgr

bdgr

Post by bdgr »

A quick update. I got the metal thread inserts and they are way too small to be used as a possible force pike rasp. They stack very nicely to get a good length, but the outer diameters are just too narrow. I'll just have to continue the hunt...
bdgr

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

thanks for the update! I cut out triangles from a blue electrical box I found at Lowes. Cost me something like 74 cents. They're not perfect but once I attached them (super glue) and painted them gold they look just fine. I'd like to do something more professional looking but that's more for me and less for anybody else.

bdgr

Post by bdgr »

Yeah. I'll probably just wind up making the spikey rasp from scratch, by cutting the triangles out of spare ABS that I have.
bdgr