Possible New Maker of Saberpke

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

TK IAIN

Possible New Maker of Saberpke

Post by TK IAIN »

Hopefully this post is not going to be breaking any forum rules with reagrds to naming costume makers/producers of props.

If it does please accept my apologies and can a moderator remove it(I did look for anything but I honestly could'nt see a thing.

Anyhoo!I have been in touch with Fenixprops about a few things to do with my Royal Guard (want to get a new lid so I can paint it up for a display item) and during the conversation the staff said they are working on a new more accurate forcepike which should be getting released for sale very soon (looking fiorward to seeing that!). And they also said that once that is done they will be working on a Saberpike. :P

Unfortunately no pictures of either are available yet but I'm going to keep the eyes open to see what they come up with. If I manage to weasle any pics of their new pikes I'll let you guys have a look.

Have no intention of replacing my current forcepike from Fenixprops but I am extremely interested to see what they do with a Saberpike.

Watch this space folks! :D :D
Iain

Pallados
Location: San Diego, CA. Not all that far from the bright center in the Universe Luke was looking for

Re: Possible New Maker of Saberpke

Post by Pallados »

I'm interested to see what they could do for a saber pike. I don't see a force pike on their ebay store currently. I see that they have a finished ShadowGuard helmet (but I'm planning on getting an unfinished bucket from them, so that I can trim the shoulders in a bit), and they are now offering a "soft parts" Shadow Guard costume (looks like RTOS robe done in black and grey).

What I would REALLY be interested in is if they would decide to work on actual Shadow-guard body armor! It would be nice to see a company with a GOOD reputation come out with a kit...
We may not say much... or even anything at all... but it's HOW we don't say it!

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

I've also come across someone who might be capable of making the saberpike in aluminium for roughly $400-500.
Once my project is complete I will post information about suppliers.

Also found cheap EL-wire to install in my helmet for a red glowing effect.

Hardhaus

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

Hardhaus wrote:I've also come across someone who might be capable of making the saberpike in aluminium for roughly $400-500.
Once my project is complete I will post information about suppliers.Also found cheap EL-wire to install in my helmet for a red glowing effect.Hardhaus

Looking forward to any info that you can post up!
Iain

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

TK IAIN wrote:
Hardhaus wrote:I've also come across someone who might be capable of making the saberpike in aluminium for roughly $400-500.
Once my project is complete I will post information about suppliers.Also found cheap EL-wire to install in my helmet for a red glowing effect.Hardhaus

Looking forward to any info that you can post up!
Keep a eye on my post called "Project: Shadowguard"
Once I get the parts I will evaluate them and then post the information. Don't want to direct people to bad stuff, but from what i've seen from this guys work, it will be damn good.

The guy with EL-Wire is Norwegian, and the website is in norwegian.. A set costs about $35 and contains 30cm wire with lights, 1m wire with an on and off switch and a batteryconnection. Color of the light is optional.
He is sending me the set for free so I can test it out, and if i'm happy he said i could pay him then, love the customer service :)

If intrested I can ship from Norway.

hardhaus

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

I'm in the process of building a SG as well.

As for the saberpike, I was planning on doing a scratch build and save a little "scratch". For the most part I'm looking at using PVC and cintra. Right now, I'm still sourcing out saber to slide in the end. Luckily I have a guy in my Garrison who is a master prop builder. I've talked to him about getting something done similiar to what Ultrasabers has on their website.
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

psujedi27 wrote:I'm in the process of building a SG as well. As for the saberpike, I was planning on doing a scratch build and save a little "scratch". For the most part I'm looking at using PVC and cintra. Right now, I'm still sourcing out saber to slide in the end. Luckily I have a guy in my Garrison who is a master prop builder. I've talked to him about getting something done similiar to what Ultrasabers has on their website.

Have just registered on Ultrasabers and once I get full clearance I fancy asking if he is up for making a run of his "Saber Spears" - only one had been made so far but with some greeblies added on I think it would make an awesome saber pike.

From what I have seen his prices are very reasonable (hopefully shipping to the UK would'nt be too much).

Saber Forge have also got a very nice saber staff/spear in their elite section. Pity it is'nt like what the video game character uses but it does look very nice indeed.
Iain

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey I guess I gotta go with the saber pike for the FU Red Royal Guard since he is also depicted using the pike in the game. Hoping we hear who can machine some of these soon or I could go the route that Kivas took. Meanwhile I gotta get my fligtsuit and armor to start on that part.