Spoox's Royal guard building progress

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Kato

Re: Spoox's Royal guard building progress

Post by Kato »

Hi Spoox. Just wanted to know what you built the tip of your force pike out of. I'm going with the Red Imperial Guard version from The Force Unleashed video game and I think the Episode 3 force pike is the closest version to the FU video game. Also what shape did you mold the tip in? Any info helps. Thanks.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Kato the weapon from Force Unleahsed is a different weapon all together. That is a saberpike.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

spoox

Post by spoox »

I just used a dremmel tool and cut off the tip of the pool cue and sanded it to give it that rounded tip look. Then I got me a flex funnel like this one:

and I stretched out the tip and cut only the last 5 ribbed edges. I slid it over the tip of the pool cue and super glued it in place and filled the inside of the funnel part with a plastic epoxy. Then I used a caulk to hide the edges some. I let it all dry and gently sanded it some and gave it all the metal paint. :)

The funnel is super cheap around $5 bucks, you find them at most hardware stores or wal-mart.

spoox

Post by spoox »

I was able to purchase a real Don Post and got to sanding, cutting and we finally had some decent weather so without further adue (or however you spell it lol!)

Will the mirror visor be okay to get approved? because that was about the only see through red visor I could find?
If not I might have to look around for just a dark visor...

P.S. I also reinforced the bottom edge in the back of the helmet as it seemed to bend real easy. I used a plastic epoxy and matting and added a few layers so it no longer bends.

Anything else I need to do? :)

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Looks great! With all of that additional support in the back of your helmet I'm assuming your head is about the size of a softball :) I joke of course...I've got a melon-sized head and had been told to stay away from a Don Post (but I've never personally tried one on myself).

As for the visor...the CRL states dark, or dark red. But it doesn't mention mirrored. That being said I've trooped with a Royal Guard with a mirrored visor so I'm not the final word. Personally, I used a flexible motorcycle helmet I picked up at the local Honda shop for about $7. I think LT knows the answer about the mirrored/un-mirrored.

spoox

Post by spoox »

Haha yeah I really do have a tiny head. I think I even have room for a small fan I think lol. The visor is just taped in with blue painters tape for now so nothing is permanent yet until I know for sure what is approved or not. I might just have to do interchangeable visors if the mirrored one is not according to CRL standards. It sure looks cool though hehe

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Spoox that mirror visor is what both Andrew and I use. Personally the red visor is more accurate than a black :)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

spoox

Post by spoox »

I send in my pictures to our GML for approval woohoo :) Keeping my fingers crossed. Here some shots of me finally wearing the guard robes :trsuit:

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

Look at you with your two hands, and ability to use a forcepike *grumble grumble*

Great picts...I don't see anything that should hold up the approval process.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

spoox you have my blessing. Message me when you get the light