Spoox's Royal guard building progress

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Spoox's Royal guard building progress

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

you might want to cut out that visor. You will have a heck of a time trying to walk around. :)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

spoox

Post by spoox »

lol! I actually had it on to see how it would fit. I can't wait to start working on my helmet but the weather is so bad. Over a ft of snow out and freezing so I can't go out to dremel and sand or paint :( and we don't have a garage.. boo!

Come on spring!!

I guess forcepike is next haha

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

Your robes look great!

spoox

Post by spoox »

More progress yay! So I sorta finished my forcepike. I wanted to make sure I could take it apart for travel so I used a pool cue. I eventually will order a machined one when I have the extra cash for it though. But hey, not bad i think?

Also found some cheap red velvet boots that are nice and rugged for the Alaskan outdoors. Not 100% accurate but they match the color and are very comfy. I have my black jack boots from my Tie Pilot if needed for approval I guess if these don't work.

All that is left is the helmet! yay :)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Looks good. You Velvet no like the snow but way to go on the velvet boots girl.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

looks good. What kind of paint did you use on the pike and didn you seal it with anything?

spoox

Post by spoox »

I used Krylon, metallic for wood, wicker, metal and more. Color Matte Aluminum but it still turned out super shiny. I didn't seal it no, should I?
The pool stick, emitter, and pommel had a nice sanding before I sprayed it so it should hold pretty well I reckon?

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

spoox wrote:I used Krylon, metallic for wood, wicker, metal and more. Color Matte Aluminum but it still turned out super shiny. I didn't seal it no, should I?
The pool stick, emitter, and pommel had a nice sanding before I sprayed it so it should hold pretty well I reckon?
Very cool. Take a cloth and rub it back and forth on the silver part, see if any rubs off. The sealer is more for your cloak than the health of the pike. Just be warned that most sealers really dull the silver color. I personally used Future Floor Wax as my sealer and I loved it.

spoox

Post by spoox »

Good tip! I will try that. I don't want the silver to rub off on my cloak lol

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

or have it ding your helmet and have pike scars.