Bucket advice

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

nolekhan
TKID: 8893

Re: Bucket advice

Post by nolekhan »

I think fp sold me a visor or two with my helmet. It was several years ago.
South Texas Squad, Star Garrison
AOTC

Geohazard
TKID: 14247

Post by Geohazard »

nolekhan wrote:I think fp sold me a visor or two with my helmet. It was several years ago.

He doesn't currently have any visors or force pikes listed, nor has he responded to my questions in over a month.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

He actually included a red visor with my unfinished bucket. It was hidden in the box (you know...laying against the side but I took out the bucket and ignored everything else). I then went ahead and broke it when I tried to drill rivet holes through it:

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

:trsuit: Just got a sweet deal on bidding for a FP bucket (but the shipping costs almost as much, sigh).

I'll post pics as soon as it arrives (scheduled delivery March 7-14).

Now I have to figure out how to store/transport it safely, as well as work on it when it arrives. Any tips?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Don't drop it ;)

Seriously though, there are several options out there... from actual padded helmet bags to as simple as an old pillowcase... all depends on how you will be transporting the rest of your kit and personal preference

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

stripes wrote:Don't drop it ;)
That goes without saying. :geez:

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

I got a Stanley Job Box (50 gallon) for Christmas (needed something for costuming that I'd trust my in-laws to buy me) which I now use. It's more than I need but I over-engineering things. I'll post a picture of my set-up soon but basically half of it is used for storing the helmet, the other half holds my boots and soft parts.

nolekhan
TKID: 8893

Post by nolekhan »

JesterTDA wrote:I got a Stanley Job Box (50 gallon) for Christmas (needed something for costuming that I'd trust my in-laws to buy me) which I now use. It's more than I need but I over-engineering things. I'll post a picture of my set-up soon but basically half of it is used for storing the helmet, the other half holds my boots and soft parts.
Exactly what I use. I store everything except the boots and outer robe inside the helmet so I can put a few other things I'm working on in the box too. I'm working on some dividers or a better removable tray to create more control of the space.

I've never dropped my helmet...but it did sit in the space behind the front seat once. My wife leaned back and my heart stopped when I heard a crack. Minor damage to the lower lid, noticeable up close since I already had some layers of paint on it. I'll sand it all down and repair it for real at some point but now the helmet remains in a sturdy box at all times.
South Texas Squad, Star Garrison
AOTC

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

You can see my bucket (top pointed down) on the left.

I used some 2" craft foam and glued it to a few places on the side and bottom of the Job Box and covered it in a fleece (Star Wars type...what else?) to pad the bucket. I also put some on the top of the Job Box (screwed into pre-placed holes on the top).

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for the pics Jester, I will have to go down the hardware store and have a look