Bucket advice

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Distraction

Bucket advice

Post by Distraction »

Im in the process of getting my bucket..My concern is this: I have a huge freaking head. Anyone else out there have the same problem? I just dont want to get one, and have it be uncomfortable.
" I wanted to change the world...but they wouldnt give me the source code"- Unknown

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Bucket advice

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Fiberglass options of this helmet would be your better choice over the DP helmet.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Fiberglass options of this helmet would be your better choice over the DP helmet.
I completely agree. I have a monster head and the fiberglass one I bought has plenty of room for my head and 2 fans without a problem.

Distraction

Post by Distraction »

Thanks for the advice! Ill need more room in the bucket than I thought...didnt even think about fans...It gets to be 120+ in the summertime. Fans are a definite!

Does anyone have any links available for fiberglass buckets? Ive found some online...but Im concerned that they arent up to 501st standards...The one I have my eye on currently is made by Custom Props..
" I wanted to change the world...but they wouldnt give me the source code"- Unknown

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

I have a CP helm and it's quite nice.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I have one made in South America and I love it. Took awhile to get here, but it's awesome.

Kato

Post by Kato »

I was directed to check out FP on ebay. He is a 501st member that is down in South America. I also have come across another guy over in the UK that also makes fiberglass helmets for sale on ebay. I think the guy over in UK is also a 501st member but if not he does make it a bigger size than the DP helmet since it is a fiberglass one.

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

I think FP and CP are the same helmet. Their forcepikes are, and by the way, are fabulous.

NirasDC

Post by NirasDC »

Any chance you would know the UK guy or a link to him?
Thx
~Niras
~Niras (Shawn)

Geohazard
TKID: 14247

Post by Geohazard »

Kato wrote:I was directed to check out Fenix props on ebay. He is a 501st member that is down in South America. I also have come across another guy over in the UK that also makes fiberglass helmets for sale on ebay. I think the guy over in UK is also a 501st member but if not he does make it a bigger size than the DP helmet since it is a fiberglass one.
Are you talking about gordyfett (he's in the UK)? I asked him about the origins of his mold, and he says it comes from the Rubies Deluxe bucket. Being a bit jittery about recasting, I decided to look elsewhere. I think I'm going to purchase a fp bucket, but I have no idea where to find a visor for it.