DH-17 Question

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: DH-17 Question

Post by stripes »

Maybe it's just the way things are up here in Canada. We have to have the orange tip visible in some way, even if it's been modified... It helps avoid any problems with law enforcement mistakenly identifying blasters and such as the real thing

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey It's Tony. Ok for some reason my pics didn't post. 2nd I hacked off too much on the pull back lever. Might have to get another blaster and start over, luckily The first one was bought using gift cards so I'm not out the money. 3rd I kind of knew about the orange tip and was just double checking. Along with Canada the US also has the orange tip requirement for toy guns. At least I know what colors to paint the thing now. Silver barrel and matte black for the rest of the blaster. Think I might just buy another and start over. Later.

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey. The holster or at least one I saw on ebay was a leather one. The seller made it to fit the Hasbro toy DH 17 and he made it in black leather for a right hand draw. That is the one I looked at although I have heard there are other more flimsy ones out there. Here's the link to that holster: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-LEATH ... 231a4c7d50

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

most cons do a weapons check or such. Alot of it depends on your local laws.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Kato

Post by Kato »

Hey It's Tony. So just an update. I got another Hasbro blaster, DH-17. This time around I left most of the pull back lever in and just sawed and snipped off the loop of the pull handle. That leaves 3/4 of an inch sticking out so I'm gonna sand down the edge of where the cut was made, then drill a tiny hole for the d ring. Anyone know if they make d rings in black metal or I'll just put it in before I paint so that it gets the black paint as I spray most of the blaster. Silver is okay to spray the barrel with right? Except for the safety tip which I figure use painter's tape to mask off. Just wanted to update you guys on where I'm at in modifying the blaster.