Boot query...would these work? *need verification please*

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Sentry02

Boot query...would these work? *need verification please*

Post by Sentry02 »

Good evening all,

I'm putting together a TR costume and I'm working on what has become quite a challenge for me...finding boots. Mens boots...forget it. At least I haven't found any that resemble what I would need. That's obviously left me with looking at every web site out there that has women's boots on it for my costume. I found a pair at JC Penny from St. John's Bay, but they'll be too small for me in the largest size that they have available (11W). If anyone needs them in smaller sizing than what I need, they are here:

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?Gr ... 0731|71777

Can anyone verify that they would be ok for use?

I have also found two other pairs of boots that would fit me size-wise...they just have zippers on the inside of the boots. At least it's not on the outside. The two boots I would like to know if they would be acceptable are as follows:

1. http://www.cowardshoe.com/product/Boots ... /36887.uts

2. http://www.cowardshoe.com/product/Boots ... /48225.uts

The question that I have about both of those pairs has to do with hiding the zippers. I know that no zipper should be visible based on the CRL. Both pairs of boots have the zippers on the inside-facing of the boot and I'm assuming this will be easier to deal with. Both pairs of boots also have zippers that are the same color of the boot material. Again, I am assuming this will make it easier to deal with. That said, here are my questions:

1. Do I still need to hide these zippers somehow since they are the same color and are on the inside face?

2. If #1 is yes, if I sewed a flip cover or otherwise found a tasteful way to cover the zipper, would either of these boots be acceptable?

If someone could please let me know when they have a moment, I would appreciate it as I don't want to invest in these boots if they won't work. Thank you a bunch for your time and I hope my boot discoveries will help some folks here. I know that it has been a huge challenge for me to find them.

Brad

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Boot query...would these work? *need verification please

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Yeah those are fine. The ones I have have a zipper on the inside they are just a red zipper instead of the black zipper.
Hope that helps.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sentry02

Post by Sentry02 »

That's perfect! Thank you.

Brad

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I think the best solution I've found for someone with larger feet is a pair of suede un-adorned cowboy boots you get dyed crimson. That being said I went with black for now and I'm keeping my eyes out for the above mentioned cowboy boots which don't cost 4 billion dollars :)

Sentry02

Post by Sentry02 »

I would agree for folks with a shoe size past anything around a 10. Thankfully, I have mid-size shoes so I can still wear the women's boots if I can find them. I'm giving the red pair of these a go to see how they work out. The reason you mentioned on price is why I avoided trying to go the cowboy boot route. Not to mention the ones I have see wound up having all kinds of stitching on the sides.

If you find a good CB Boot alternative, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

Brad

Sentry02

Post by Sentry02 »

I'm sending this as an update to my original post. As previously stated, I wear a Men's 10.5 (US) and I bought a pair of Women's 12WW of the following boot:

http://www.cowardshoe.com/product/Boots ... /36887.uts

The boots fit perfectly, the heel isn't as tall as it looks in the image, and the heel is the full width of the sole (as a guy who doesn't exactly wear heels, I wanted a boot that wasn't too narrow). These boots get a gigantic thumbs up from me and I didn't have to do any funky suede spraying or anything. One step closer to my costume being finished!! :tr:

Brad

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

thats awesome. Just another example of my clown feet causing me to miss out yet again! :)

TRShep
TKID: 2101

Post by TRShep »

Sentry02 wrote:I'm sending this as an update to my original post. As previously stated, I wear a Men's 10.5 (US) and I bought a pair of Women's 12WW of the following boot:

http://www.cowardshoe.com/product/Boots ... /36887.uts

The boots fit perfectly, the heel isn't as tall as it looks in the image, and the heel is the full width of the sole (as a guy who doesn't exactly wear heels, I wanted a boot that wasn't too narrow). These boots get a gigantic thumbs up from me and I didn't have to do any funky suede spraying or anything. One step closer to my costume being finished!! :tr:

Brad

Did you have to email them to get the bigger size? I am looking at them now and they go up to size 11. Trying to look for some red boots and I usually wear mens 11 US.

Shep