Found a few ref shots of ROTS Guard.

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

magustoad

Found a few ref shots of ROTS Guard.

Post by magustoad »

These may already be in circulation, but figured posting again wouldn't hurt.

Flickr

Of interest to me is the helmet, seems to me much narrower than the ROtJ version in the shoulder area. Also it seems to have a very metallic sub-tone to the color, but that may be a trick of the flash.

Sorry if this is retreading worn ground.

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Re: Found a few ref shots of ROTS Guard.

Post by MagnaPrime »

No problem magus. You're absolutely right, at least about the helmet being trimmed down. For CRL purposes, this has not been enforced, for one simple reason. Our helmets are friggin hard to come by as it is. So while a normal helmet may not "technically" be screen accurate, this has fallen into the "what is and what actually works" category; just like wearing boots instead of slippers. As for the paint job, I can't comment as I don't know.

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

Good lord yes. When I asked my TK buddy about IRG gear he kinda looked at me funny and wished me luck in the helm-hunt. Hopefully my hardkit shipped yesterday and I'll receive it by week's end.

Then I'll be all: :trsuit:

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Nice pic...I hadn't seen that one before. You are correct about the helmet shape.....I think the metallic color is a trick of the lighting.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

spoox

Post by spoox »

Which guard version is this does anyone know? because it seems that the inner robes are not made of any type of velvet/velveteen type fabric at all?

Darkrose

Post by Darkrose »

This looks to be an older thread now, but I stumbled on these pics while doing research today too. If you view the "original" size in his album, the museum plate says Episode III. Exciting for me because I'll be sewing my own and his photos are great seam references and texture. I agree though, it does not appear to be velvet on the inner lining and robes- More of a textured heavy poly/cotton perhaps with a very slight sheen.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Yes, this is Episode III. The helmet is different, but short of custom sculpting one, you will likely need to go with the standard helmet, which is accepted.

As far as Episode III goes, note the red boots, and leather gauntlets. Inner fabric material is not velvety, just plain, with no sheen.

Just a heads up, ROTS robes are known to have 4 slits in some shots set shots. 2 slits are seen in the Yoda "fight" scene.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

tb750
TKID: 750

Post by tb750 »

Have you all seen the helmet on/off pic in the book 365 Days of Star Wars? It's a small panormaic pic of Palpatine's office between shoots, but it has a lot of detail in it. There's even a guard without the helmet and outer cloak on. I'll try to post a scan later.

Darkrose

Post by Darkrose »

Can't wait to see it.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Yes I've seen the off helmet picture of the guard That's Actually Episode 2
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard