Prequel ROTS CRL

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Prequel ROTS CRL

Post by stripes »

Believe me... the emperor can be a real slave driver at times....

Ember
TKID: 8623

Post by Ember »

Hello again! :)

Another spot of confusion, nothing major, but it would put my mind at ease if someone can clear it up.

I've gone through ROTS screencapping some shots with the Royal Guards. It's not the best quality DVD, but from what I can make, the Guards definitely are wearing pants, but it doesn't appear that their under-robe is longer than waist-length.
In the shots where the Guards are laying on the floor where Yoda is fighting Sideous, pants are obvious, but you'd think that if they were wearing a floor-length under-robe that this would be visible around the legs.

Here are some shots to show what I mean (colour and contrast has been enhanced) -

In this last one the burgundy fabric appears to be the lining of the outer cloak rather than any inner robe.

I don't see anything that supports the idea that a long under-robe is worn from these images, anything burgundy that is not pants appears to be the lining of the outer robe.

In the exhibit images it's clear that there is a floor-length under-robe worn on the mannequin, but then sometimes different parts of costumes can be mixed up or put on wrong by mistake in exhibitions.

If anyone has a better quality screencapture from ROTS that shows that there definitely is a floor-length under robe, that would be wonderful.
If not, would a long-sleeved top and pants suffice for the under-garments seeing as this appears to be what is canon in this scene, or would I be better to play it safe and still have the floor-length under-robe in addition to pants?

Not a huge bother either way, but just curious!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Let me sit on this and I'll give you a response in 24 hours.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

So I scoured my Blu-Ray edition (I'll attempt to put some high def screencaps together) and from what I can see in super slow motion with a zoom is that they are indeed wearing an inner robe, however it appears that due to the movement in that scene that the inner robe has a cut up the center for range of motion, so basic stunt modifications.

The boots are actually knee high, which can give the appearance of pants, which you can get a better view of in their fall for a second or so.

Hope that helps a little.

Andrew

Ember
TKID: 8623

Post by Ember »

Thanks Andrew.

After discussion with the person I'm making the robes for, we're going for long under-tunic with slit up the centre-front, and baggy pants which will be tucked into boots.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Is the individual attempting to want to run in the uniform?
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

zaneOX
TKID: 7259

Post by zaneOX »

Not planning on running in it no lol
My thinking was "the more freedom of movement the better?"
So when duty calls i can move like a ninja
But if you think its not needed i can live without it,
Heck im just keen to get it on,really looking forward to wearing this costume.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I have a troop tomorrow I'll get a few movement pictures with the underrobes.