Prequel ROTS CRL

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Prequel ROTS CRL

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I: A PREQUEL Episode III Revenge of the Sith-Style Royal Guard costume MUST have:

• Helmet: painted and gloss-finished in a crimson red shade that matches the outer robe, with a dark visor that allows maximum visibility but hides the wearer’s features.

• Force Pike: 4' (122cm) minimum in length, silver in color with a black or silver pommel, two hand grips at the base, shaft, and screen-accurate emitter tip.

• Outer Cloak: Constructed of crimson red velvet or velveteen, fully lined in burgundy or dark purple fabric, also preferably velvet or velveteen that matches the inner robe. Velour and crushed panne velvet are not acceptable. The cloak should cover both the front and back of the wearer, with four(4) arm slit for the wearer's arms. These are done in the style of a windmill pattern. with the front of the robe being pinned over lap the back. To give a tunic over a cape look.

• Inner Robe: Burgundy or dark purple "inner robe" constructed of a long-sleeve shirt-style top flowing into a dress style bottom hemmed a few in/cm shorter than the outer cloak. Slits can be added and matching pants worn beneath for ease of movement. Velvet/velveteen is recommended for this garment, but velour and crushed panne velvet will not be accepted.

• Sash: A Jedi-style waist sash, 3-4” (7.62-10.16cm) made of the same color/material as the wearer's inner robe; worn over the inner robe.

• Boots: Red Suede pointed tip, with a relatively conservative heel, no visible straps/buckles, or ornamental stitching; that reach high enough to cover the wearer's ankles or Jack Boots

Crimson Empire bodysuit, armour, and boots may be worn under any of the film costumes.

• Gloves: Dark Leather Gloves with no extraneous straps/buckles or ornamental stitching. The gloves should be long enough to cover the wearer's wrists.

II: A PREQUEL Episode III Revenge of the Stih-Style Royal Guard SHOULD have (but not required):

• A dark red visor in the helmet that is deep enough to conceal the wearer’s features.

• Red Suede pointed tip, with a relatively conservative heel, no visible straps/buckles, or ornamental stitching; that reach high enough to cover the wearer's ankles.

III: A PREQUEL Episode III Revenge of the Sith-Style Royal Guard costume MAY have (but not required):

• Shoulder pads to allow for the armored-look without the commitment to armor.

• Neck Seal for “Helmet Off” photos.

• A DH-17 heavy blaster pistol with holster, or red leather/synthetic leather holster. Holster should be standard “Imperial Issue”. The EU states that RG's carry "heavy blasters" in addition to their pikes. The Crimson Empire comics depict the DH-17 as being their blaster.

• Crimson Empire bodysuit, armour, and boots may be worn under any of the film costumes
Last edited by LuciousTalvloinne on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Prequel ROTS CRL

Post by Darth Skellington »

No mention of 4 slits. What are everyone's thoughts on those?

If done similarly to my AOTC mock-up, they woudl be easy to do, and woudl be un-noticeable unless you choose to use them.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

typing clarification...

III. A PREQUEL Episode III Revenge of the Sith-Style Royal Guard costume MAY have (but not required):

As for the four slits, I don't know how confirmed they are. If we have substantiated proof of the four slits then it should be part of the MUST have, otherwise I'd say put it in the MAY have section for the time being.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

UPDATED First post.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

Did we ever agree that it was in fact 4 slits?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

I remeber some quite lengthy discussions on the old boards prior to the crash about the whole 4 slit issue, however I don't know that any concensus was reached on wether we should consider it cannon for the 4 slit for ROTS and 2 slit for AOTC....

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I think we are going to go 4 slits for the ROTS. I should have my robes completed in a month or so.
and will take pics the only thing that is different is it has a black visor.

Galactic Chaos

Post by Galactic Chaos »

I guess I missed the entire thread. What's the deal with the 4 slits? Two in front and two in back or what? Thanks.

Marshall
TR 1152

:tr: :tr:

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

It's shaped like a windmill. Here's a good shot:

You can see how it has rounded shoulder seams with a slit on each side, like a Three Musketeers style tabard.

Also, real life sucks, I'll compile the CRLs today and get them submitted. @_@

senateguard33

Post by senateguard33 »

Awesome! I was wondering where the four slit pattern was coming from. Has anyone attempted the ROTS style helmet? I like how these are closer to the neck and not so much the shoulders.
So this is how democracy ends...with thunder's applause.