Finally posting some pics - sorry all

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

kivas

Finally posting some pics - sorry all

Post by kivas »

Hi All, I've finally actually sat down took some pics - not that great - over flash -

I'll give the run down of what I did -

Helmet - typical fiberglass Royal guard helmet - shoulders trimmed back for the more tapered
v look is a must
- sand, paint, sand, paint - you get the idea :) - double layer of red window tint used for the visor.

Chest & back - TK front - custom made back from a tk

Shoulder bells - TK - cut in half raised section removed, re-assembled and made seamless... then trimmed to measure - the template Lucious talks about helped - but again you'll need to scale it to you.

Ab plate - again custom made - sintra - made to my scale - note the hole - that's for the buckle to go into - keeps thing tight.

Gauntlets - custom made from scratch out of sintra, measured my forarms - had a rough idea and went at it - they must have the ...I'll call it sweep at the front and the back - I think you know what I mean :)

Belt - standard Tandy Blank, so was the buckle itself - Grooved the belt using a jig made for a table saw - worked great - Center piece - simple made to scale out of wood

Shins - ala Jango style - but symentrical - again custom made from sintra and scaled to me.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Finally posting some pics - sorry all

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Its ok Kivas we can work with over flash and tone the lighting down. I was curious on the belt and ab plate. I plan on finishing up this costume on my vacation in May. Link pics when you are ready :)
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

kivas

Post by kivas »

- sorry all - putting this in a couple posts as something weird was going on and couldn't see what I was writing.

Boots - standard officer boots - zipper on inside only
Metatarsal plates - custom made out of sintra - there is a sweep to the leading edge - attached with strap underneath.

Jumpsuit - custom made by a friend - note the velcro placements for the belt as well as the ab plate - the Kama is attached.

- The crown jewel -
Saber pike
- all custom made by me - started with a pole from home depot - cut it down to what I wanted.
- I then scaled the rings for this and custom made each seperate one out of various wood as each one is a slightly different size -
- angle bits - custom made to fit out of sintra
- square bits on the top ring were from and old Jango Jet pack
- wiring - obvious - electrical wire tightly wrapped and ca'd in place.
- saber iteself - FX - disassembled and re-wired to have the power/sound at the bottom of the pike - gives great balance
- note one of the photos at the top you can see where I hide the on/off switch.

kivas

Post by kivas »

looks like will be three posts :)

kivas

Post by kivas »

um.. ok an idea why only half the photos are showing up

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I'll get with Ang on that. could be done with a simple image sizing code.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

kivas

Post by kivas »

Probably as I seem to think we are having that same issue on our Garrision board.

warrenzo

Post by warrenzo »

Excellent work buddy!!!

How did u manage to cut the ridge of the fiberglass helmet without it cracking? Im a little scared to do it to mine incase i screw it up completely.

I see u went for the Sintra for the forearms/ab plate etc like myself. How strong is it do ya know?? I only ask as ive never used it before and its actually another member of my club that is building the armour parts for me.

Any chance of some pics of the strapping system u used on it all???
Warren Blair

Shadow Guard in the making.........40% complete

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Looking good Kivas!!!

:shadow:
Jonathan 'Squirrel' Cardin
TX-4361 FL Garrison, Tampa Bay Sq.
Building a ROTS Guard. . .

kivas

Post by kivas »

For cutting the Helmet - I marked the lines then grabbed my dremel & eye protection and had at it... no guts no glory :)

Sintra - can take alot of abuse - only complaint it it's white so when damage occurs white shows.

Strapping system is very simple on the shoulders - knee pads in the shoulder bells for the right height and then has a strap around the underside.
Chest & back are also strapped together with parachute clips - considering they don't show so comfort cam 1st - and also can be easily adjusted when needed.