Exars TFU Royal build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

exar
TKID: 13927

Exars TFU Royal build

Post by exar »

After Loving my ROTJ guard for over 10 years now, and having been sitting on most of a TFU armor kit I have finally started making progress!

Thus far I have....
Flightsuit - Redcap black coveralls
Boots - Crowprops
Belt - Etsy Bailybuilds
Helmet and torso - Walts Trooper Factory
Limbs - Virateck
Gloves - ???
Kama - ???
Outer robes - ???
Saberpike - Damons 3D Files

Still waiting on my big brown box from Walt, now with boots and flight suit in hand I did the initial cutout of the hard armor and did some hold in place test fittings. No pics just yet, but soon im sure.

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Re: Exars TFU Royal build

Post by Gree23 »

Definitely wanting to see pics, so when you get them please post them!

Walts helmet kit is a bit odd so please do your research before starting, unless you already have one. Curious why you aren't using the bucket you already have.

Gloves are easy. Look for standard guantlet gloves on amazon or ebay. Should run you around $25.

Kama. If you can sew is really easy to make yourself. If not, and you know anyone with basic sewing skills, they can make it for you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

I'm on par with Gree's comments.
For the kama, make sure you have 2 layers (so a rectangle folded in half then make the pattern). It will hold up better. I kept one of the pocket from the coverall and brought it with me to find the closest matching cloth from my local store.
For the gloves, the top portion will be under the bracers, so don't stress too much with them.
I just got approved with my wtf's kit. The helmet is small a big inside if I compare it to my Rubies from my rotj guard, but man this thing is light. Well worth it. Be careful on the shin guards, yo will have to modify them to be approved. But the difference between the helmets makes it possible to get appoved with the rotj bucket, unless it's the big phat one (old don post or something)

We are here to help if you have questions!

exar

Post by exar »

My ROTJ bucket is actually an old pheninxprops fiberglass one. I LOVE IT. I decided to give the new bucket a chance in case I need to narrow it down any, as well as potentially being able to retire my old one that has Ian's signature in it.

The kama, you said you made it a rectangle instead of a trapezoid? a rectangle would be much easier for sure. At the moment, the plan is just to get some fabric and more or less cut it to shape while its on.
The rough kit

Test fitting on the boots

I didn't use the ab plate that came with this kit as its awfully small, and doesn't look wide enough when i held it up with my TK chest piece for size.

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

what I meant was to take a rectangular piece of cloth and fold it in two. If I recall mine, I took the mesuerements from my knees to my waist (say 15''), then multiply it by two, so when folded in two, the lenght is good. For the width, i took from one side f my waist to the other, and added 2-3 inches per side. That mesure is the widest of you rectangle. For fo example, if I had 20 inches, my total width would be 26'' at the knee high, and 20'' at the waist, making the trapeze. Not sure if I'm clear though.

___20__
/ I \
/ 15 \
/ I \
/_____26______ \

*edit damn drawing don't work :bang:

Gree23

Post by Gree23 »

I most definitely would have cut that armor out before painting it. Now when you cut it, it is going to leave exposed plastic that are the wrong color and you will have to paint it anyways. As far as the Kama goes, no please do not do just a square. I measured my waist and then added about 5 cm to each side at the bottom. It isnt hard at all. Take the fabric and fold it in half. Use the folded edge as your "top" and the cut the other 3 sides (the left and right side, and the bottom). Then sew it up leaving one of the top corners open to turn it right side out. I then pressed it and added a top stitch about 1/8th inch from the end to flatten it down and get rid of the puffy shape. Just dont overthink it. you got this!

exar

Post by exar »

Believe it or not, the armor isn't painted. This old kit came in blue plastic. Its going to be red in its future life. lol

How did you attach your shins? I know its supposed to be color matched strap, just elastic with a little bit of Velcro on one end?

Thank you for the drawing of the kama, it makes perfect sense what you did there.

Gree23

Post by Gree23 »

exar wrote:Believe it or not, the armor isn't painted. This old kit came in blue plastic. Its going to be red in its future life. lol

How did you attach your shins? I know its supposed to be color matched strap, just elastic with a little bit of Velcro on one end?

Thank you for the drawing of the kama, it makes perfect sense what you did there.
Lol, that is a little crazy. Never seen that before. As far as the shins, i have two straps with velcro on both ends to change them out if needed Image

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk