Goshivan's Build Thread

Goshivan
TKID: 61575

Goshivan's Build Thread

Post by Goshivan »

OK, here we go with my build progress. I started with the helmet as at the time the CRL had not been published and I felt this was a safe bet as the images were pretty good. Started with the back half of the helmet using Great Ape's files. Came out pretty clean, a few layer lines but nothing I couldn't handle.

The fromt half proved to be trouble as I did not have my supports set up properly for the nose guard and the printer was literally knocking it sidways when it was printing. I had to reinforce it with some BBQ sqwers to support it...lol
Last edited by Goshivan on Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Goshivan

Re: Dave's Build Thread

Post by Goshivan »

Some heavy layerlines and i thought I would have to scrap the front half and start again but thought I would roll with it and see what happened.

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

With lots of Glazing Putty and some filler primer and more putty and filler..lol I was able to fill in the difference and make it look pretty good.

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

Paint day scarred the hell out of me as this was a mojor undertaking for me if I screwed it up it was a lot more work to fix it. 2 coats of Safety Red went on pretty good. I may sand a little as I have small amounts of orange peal I might try to get out but looks really nice with the red on!!!

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

Per the CRL and questions answered by Paolo and Andy I am going to go with the Joann's Microsuede for my material as it is the easiest for me to get. I will be ordering my armour from Jimmiroquai and my Boots, Gloves and flightsuit from Crowprops after the first of the year.

andyman97
TKID: 42584

Post by andyman97 »

Nice job finishing the helmet! I wouldn't bother trying to smooth out the base coat. Once you spray 2k, you have a thicker and more durable top coat and you can wet sand and polish that for a good shine.

For crow props gloves, bear in mind that the red leather is pretty dull and flat from photos I've seen so you'll probably want to find something to add some shine to them.

Goshivan

Re: Goshivan's Build Thread

Post by Goshivan »

Sounds good Andy, I will look into some leather shine along the way.

I have chosen the Halberd as my weapon and will post pics soon. Got some ideas to add the lighting to it but I am waiting on supplies.

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

Decided to give the Clear Coat a try and other than a couple of small runs that I have to wet sand out she looks beautiful!!!

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

Got the main pieces of my blade printed and assembled. need to apply some filler and prep for paint and accessories.

Goshivan

Post by Goshivan »

Also found a set of coveralls with the right neck concealment for what I need. Just have to remove the chest pockets and arm patch as I want as little material to bunch up as possible. Will need to be dyed and taylored but the will be coming soon. About to get the boots and gloves ordered soon!