Post by silvanortica »

DSC2.jpg
DSC2.jpg (4.58 MiB) Viewed 751 times
IMG_1.jpg
IMG_1.jpg (4.05 MiB) Viewed 751 times
IMG_12244.jpg
IMG_12244.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 751 times
Hi!
I would like to give you a short impression about my build. The armor is galactic armory based with some smaller changes . I used Alcantara fabric for the skirt (single layer). Alcantara is the licenced synonym for Ultrasuede from the italian sister fabric. We already have a very googd build thread by andyman - so let´s focus on the "Heavy Blade" or "Short Helberd":

Finding the overall dimensions is the most critical part. I would suggest to make it longer than shoulder length. For me it was 168cm. The blade has a maximum width of 13cm. The blade section should me more than 1/3 of the overall lenght:
-Blade section: 58cm, Midsection and Rearsection 46cm
-Front Ring: 3cm, Middle indent 8cm, Rearknob: 4cm
Diameter of the mid and rearsection: 43mm

The blade section shows a 18cm rectangle. 8mm silver tubes lead from the front ring to the silver knobs on the black spinal section of the blade. Tubeknobs have a notch. There is a 97 x 11mm cutout on the spinal fronsection of the blade. The cutout aligns with the LED section of the blade.
The rear grip has 38 silver ribs. Color is shiny black on the grip section and on the spinal section of the blade. Rear knob and ribs of the rear grip are shiny silver. Middle indent is rusty gunmetal grey. Front ring, cylinders and knobs are gunmetal grey. The blade might be slightly less shiny silver than the rear parts.

I used a RGB LED stripe for the blade. The gap with the stripe in it was filled with grey dyed resin, so you can`t see the stripe when not glowing. The black spinal part of the blade conceals a Arduino Nano and a minidfplayer making some sizzling sound. I used a 5V power bank hidden in the rear knob, which can be scewed off.

Goshivan
TKID: 61575

Re: Silvanortica´s Praetorian guard with heavy blade

Post by Goshivan »

Hello,

Is this weapon 3D printed? If so may I ask where you got your files from? I am also wanting to do this guard and your weapon is one of the closer models I have seen.

Thank you

silvanortica
TKID: 57835

Post by silvanortica »

Yes! It is 3D printed. Unfortunately I found no file for the "heavy blade", so i had to construct it myself. I used a common 32mm plastic tube from the hardware store. The rear grip section and the middle grip section are 3d printed. I am not sure here, but i think the basic shape is somehow octagonal. The rear knob has a printed thread, since i want to insert and remove the power bank.
If you want to insert all the LEDs and electronics, the blade section gets pretty heavy - so the weakest point is the junction between the front ring and the blade. To avoid breaking i inserted a aluminium rail leading from the mid section to the blade. If you pull out the blade knobs, you can remove the black spinal blade section. That enables access to the Arduino Nano and the minidfplayer.

silvanortica
TKID: 57835

Post by silvanortica »

IMG_12355.jpg
IMG_12355.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 697 times