How to fit Shadow Guard vambraces properly

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

bennroe

How to fit Shadow Guard vambraces properly

Post by bennroe »

Hey! Those of you who have Shadow Guard (or other TFU guard) costumes, would you mind giving me some measurements and info related to vambraces? I'm interested in the following:

Inner circumference of wrist end of your vambrace
Inner circumference of elbow end of your vambrace
Circumference of your wrist
Circumference of your forearm near the elbow

I'm just trying to make sure my vambraces are printed a comfortable and effective size. Also, do you just slip yours on/maybe velcro it to your glove? Or is it slit down the inside and affixed to itself in some way? Just trying to figure out the best plan for my vambraces.

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Re: How to fit Shadow Guard vambraces properly

Post by Gree23 »

Unfortunately the info you are asking might not help you out, as your hand may be wider than others. If you are 3d printing these, I suggest that you print a "slice" of the wrist side of the part and see what will fit. I have often found there to be no give in a 3d printed forearm piece which I have found to be needed to get my hand through it. I see you posted back in November, hopefully you were able to figure it out.

bennroe

Post by bennroe »

Nah, still working on it, but it's a bit lower down the priority list at the moment. I was just hoping to be able to work out an appropriate starting ratio, and then I'd go to trial and error. Thanks for the info, though!

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Post by Gree23 »

Well definitely keep us posted!