Andy's Build Thread

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Re: Andy's Build Thread

Post by Shikkakku »

Interjecting real quick: Leigh has asked me to forward this feedback that he wrote up during one of his few breaks from work and *everything else*, as he is still indisposed:
Observation on the shoulder ridge if you want to pass this along as a quick sketch that I put together on lunch...he has a straight ridge... there are 3 different curves on the ridge for the shoulder that I see. Please make the curves on the 3 views (front, side, top) more prominent.
See attached image here:

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Echo
Detachment Webmaster
TKID: 12132

Post by Echo »

Just another quick update for you, Andy:
It looks like Leigh's partner is being released from hospital, and he has indicated that he will have some time in fairly short order to go through this build thoroughly and be able to give you more specific feedback.

Thanks for your patience!
---
Emily McRae
GEC/GWL - Outer Rim Garrison
DPRO/DWM - Sovereign Protectors

andyman97
TKID: 42584

Post by andyman97 »

I'm glad to hear she's recovering and being released. Thank you for the update.

Regarding the hand drawn picture, unfortunately there isn't much I can do as I'm not entirely sure what curves are being addressed (or to what degree), don't have accompanying references, and I'm unsure whether my updated parts have been reviewed. I'll continue to wait for more info.

OrarKad

Post by OrarKad »

just had a thought while working on my own parts, would the shoulder fin issue by chance be the base plate, not the fin itself? I noticed that the Galactic armory one is a flat curved piece, but the refs have a slight curve when viewed from the front. Could that be the issue on that front?

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

OrarKad wrote: ↑Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:22 pm just had a thought while working on my own parts, would the shoulder fin issue by chance be the base plate, not the fin itself? I noticed that the Galactic armory one is a flat curved piece, but the refs have a slight curve when viewed from the front. Could that be the issue on that front?
I don't think they're actually curved, my bet is they're cast in polyurethane rubber, allowing them to flex. I think it's apparent on the hip plates, too.

Knowing that both Din Djarin and Bobas armor are all cast from polyurethane, it's pretty plausible to me.

Edit to add:
They don't actually appear to have any curve on the front of the plate at all. The shadow in the poster has a curve because the chest plate is curved and I think it tricks the eye into looking as though it is curved but if you draw straight lines across the bottom edge and just above the inner border, they line up pretty perfectly.

SoFlovader
TKID: 91162

Post by SoFlovader »

:vader: beautiful, work on the raw prints, its looking outstanding

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

SoFlovader wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:10 am :vader: beautiful, work on the raw prints, its looking outstanding
Thank you so much!

juan antonio
TKID: 11108

Post by juan antonio »

Hi Andy, Juan antonio from Spain. I am working on it. Please can you tell me the size of your skirt parts?. I am the process to cut, and I want to do good as possible.
Thanks for your help.

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

Hey Juan, here's my layout below. Your overall measurements are going to differ based on your height and waist circumference so you'll need to measure yourself. I have about 1.5-2" overlap on all panels. The more important thing is the noted angles. Ignore the sides, all 4 panels were cut to the same dimensions.

juan antonio
TKID: 11108

Post by juan antonio »

Thank you. I will soon post a thread with all my progress.