Discussion: Gloves and Boots

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Discussion: Gloves and Boots

Post by Shikkakku »

Reserved for discussion regarding the Mandalorian Praetorian Guard Gloves and Boots

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

CROW62
TKID: 6244

Re: Discussion: Gloves and Boots

Post by CROW62 »

Good night, Giovanni here, about boots, has to be FOTK style in burgundy or red leather? The height must to be mid calf?
The gloves are same as the previous but in black leather or totally flat black leather?

Gaanon
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 45666

Post by Gaanon »

CROW62 wrote:Good night, Giovanni here, about boots, has to be FOTK style in burgundy or red leather? The height must to be mid calf?
The gloves are same as the previous but in black leather or totally flat black leather?
From what I’m seeing they’re TLJ style, but there’s “hand plates” that are the three ridges sewn on top in red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyman97
TKID: 42584

Post by andyman97 »

Here is a crop from the poster that is the clearest detail of the glove that I could find. It does appear to be the same as the TLJ Praetorian glove. The sewn "ridges" in the poster are also present in TLJ gloves, I'm not seeing any plates or additions.

Here's a shot of Endor Finder's TLJ gloves.

Here is Gio's glove/boot combo that appear to be similar/exact to the photos in TLJ CRL:

For the boots, they do also appear to be TLJ style; red leather with flat black soles, over the ankle:

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Agreed that the gloves are very similar to TLJ-PG gloves with the 3 ridges, but I cannot figure out whether:
  1. The gloves are one unit, with only the back of the palm in red with the rest in black.
  2. The gloves are in two parts, a black leather glove with a separate handplate that has the 3 ridged sewn on top.
Im not sure we can tell between the two given the source we currently have. This might necessitate some creative writing for the CRL and just updating once we have more sources?

Also note that if you zoom super close into the promo, there appears to be a slight ridge around the perimeter of the handplate.
Its super hard to see on screencaps though...
ImageImage

Boots wise, again we have a choice between TLJ-Praetorian and FOTK in red, given that both boots are very similar with the black flat sole. I actually think that the boots are FOTK in red, as they seem to go way higher than the TLJ-Praetorian, and in this screenshot you can very slightly see the seam on the side that is the trademark of the FOTK boot and is not present in the TLJ-Praetorian boot.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Gaanon
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 45666

Post by Gaanon »

Gloves: my vote fwiw goes with one piece. Black gloves with the red ridges sewn on the back.

Boots: I’d tend to lean towards FOTK in red.

My thought is…there were very few TLJ Guard costumes. What happened to them? Did they have access to them? Meanwhile there were plenty of FOTK and maybe even R1TK or Shoretroopers for the bits that were used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

It's entirely possible that the ribbed patches are top stitched around the edges then are simply stitched into the side seams of the gloves. That would be very easy to replicate. My only real question at this point is whether we think the gloves are padded at all.

RedLightning
TKID: 4019

Post by RedLightning »

Keep Trooping has the red FOTK boots available for the Sith trooper. They are above ankle and would rise well above the spat.
What are our thoughts on using these, since they have the flat plain sole and the visible seam outside.
My only concern here is the visible pattern on the outside of the sole here, which Im not picking up on with the M:PG boot, but that may simply be because we cannot see it.

https://keeptrooping.com/product/trooper-red/

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

Those were literally the exact boots I ordered and they arrived yesterday. I posted photos in my build thread. They seem to check the boxes to me...

andyman97

Post by andyman97 »

Here is proposed text I wrote for the gloves and boots. I took the verbiage for the boots from the FOTK and changed them to red with a few minor grammar changes.

Gloves:

Black gloves made of leather or leather like material with no visible deocorative stitching or adornments.
Back of gloves features a shiny red, paded leather or leather-like panel with 3 wide horizontally stitched sections.
-Panels cover entire back of hand from top or wrist to the knuckle.
-Side edges of panels are stitched into the sides of the gloves.

Boots:

The boots rise to above-ankle height, and are made of red leather or leather-like material.
There is a seam down both sides of the front that swoops out to the side of the foot.
There is a vertical zipper on the inside that spans the height of the boot.
There is a black flat sole with no heel.
No buckles or laces are present.