Discussion: Breastplate, backplate and abs

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Re: Discussion: Breastplate, backplate and abs

Post by Shikkakku »

Quick modification to the abdomen section, since we can most likely have an opening at the back as long as it is hidden by the cape.
Abdomen Section
The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer’s body. Any seams must be at the back and must be hidden by the cape as to not be visible.

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

andyman97
TKID: 42584

Post by andyman97 »

So there's no cover plate like on the TKs? I assume we probably don't want rivets or any visible closures? Probably something non-visible, akin to elastic strapping on the inside?

Also, to clarify, removing the language for leaving seams would mean that either filled/unfilled seams on the ab boxes would be acceptable, correct?

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader

Post by Shikkakku »

andyman97 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:20 pm So there's no cover plate like on the TKs? I assume we probably don't want rivets or any visible closures? Probably something non-visible, akin to elastic strapping on the inside?

Also, to clarify, removing the language for leaving seams would mean that either filled/unfilled seams on the ab boxes would be acceptable, correct?
Cover plate for the ab? I don't know specifically how they closed the back, what I do know is that the there is a seam and closure there so I thought to leave it open for interpretation.

And yes, until we can get confirmation of seam vs. no seam via publicly available source then I don't think we can mandate one or the other.

TR-63613- Shikkakku

andyman97
TKID: 42584

Post by andyman97 »

I was just referring to the cover plate in the back that covers the seam above and beneath the thermal detonator on the FOTKs. I haven't seen the area in any references so I assumed it was there. In the CRL, it's referred to as the detonator mounting plate. Pretty much any FOTK ab armor piece is going to include this and the detonator (we obviously won't need a detonator).

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader

Post by Shikkakku »

andyman97 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:15 pm I was just referring to the cover plate in the back that covers the seam above and beneath the thermal detonator on the FOTKs. I haven't seen the area in any references so I assumed it was there. In the CRL, it's referred to as the detonator mounting plate. Pretty much any FOTK ab armor piece is going to include this and the detonator (we obviously won't need a detonator).
Its not visible and has no effect on the cape so I don't feel we can include that in the CRL. This way abs where the cover plate is included due to construction is still compliant, as well as those without.

TR-63613- Shikkakku