New Shadow/Royal in the making

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Re: New Shadow/Royal in the making

Post by Gree23 »

First off let me start out by saying, do not give up. Once you get your approval it will be totally worth it. With your frustration on the shoulders, what if instead of trying the velcro thing, you stay with the elastic but make it a longer strap? that way its not tight on your arm but it doesnt allow the shoulder to move freely. I feel like the elastic will do a better job. Also, the paint on your shoulders looks great! glad to also hear you got the chest issues worked out.

As far as mine goes, I took in the legs about two inches on the outside, and then sewed straps to the bottom of the leg to keep the pants straight when I put my leg into the boots. before I was trying to shove the pant leg down the boot and it wasnt working at all.

I really hope you complete the requested fixes and are able to get approved. Would love to have more guards out and about!

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

I also have the elastic loop at the bottom of my pants. I have a feeling it's a bit too long. Loose when I'm standing, and just right when i flex my knee at 90 degree. It's in the plan to adress it, b ut by putting a sock over it instead of under, it holds, so it's not a priority.

I won't give up, too much invested in time and money in it, don't worry lol!

As for the shoulder, by having a looser elastic at the bottom of the bell (armpit) and attached to a T elastic on top with the chest/back armor, it would not stay put when I would raise my arms. I think I made the right move, but it's pita move :lol:

Gree23

Post by Gree23 »

Good to hear. At least you are not giving up. I see alot of people end up selling a kit because they get denied and its deflating. We look forward to your progress and hope to see you approved soon!

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

small update.

Here is the insode of the helmet. You can see the felt on both front/rear edges, the fans setup, and the padding at the bottom (top) of the helmet

My local shoemaker charged me pennies to sew the velcro onto the suit. Shoulders holds now, but there is so much velcro noise when I move, that I might add a snap on top as well.

I weas able to dress up to see if the cahnges made differences. Without the elastic loop and with the new trim lines on the shoulders,the look is improved a lot. Same thing with the pants. FInger crossed!

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Good luck! You've done good work, hoping for the best!

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

Gree23

Post by Gree23 »

ugcspawn wrote: ↑Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:30 pm small update.

Here is the insode of the helmet. You can see the felt on both front/rear edges, the fans setup, and the padding at the bottom (top) of the helmet

My local shoemaker charged me pennies to sew the velcro onto the suit. Shoulders holds now, but there is so much velcro noise when I move, that I might add a snap on top as well.

I weas able to dress up to see if the cahnges made differences. Without the elastic loop and with the new trim lines on the shoulders,the look is improved a lot. Same thing with the pants. FInger crossed!
Sounds Great! Thank you for the update! I have been thinking about fans too. I am curious where i might end up putting mine. I think i need all the space in front for my big head lol

exar
TKID: 13927

Post by exar »

Do you still have the STL files for the pike? I found Damon's post on here once but I haven't been able to find it again to check and see if he ever gave me access gave me access to his google drive.

Your kit looks amazing and is what's inspiring me to finally get around to working on mine.

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

exar wrote: ↑Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:48 pm Do you still have the STL files for the pike? I found Damon's post on here once but I haven't been able to find it again to check and see if he ever gave me access gave me access to his google drive.

Your kit looks amazing and is what's inspiring me to finally get around to working on mine.
Try to pm Damon directly. I might still have the files, but I would prefer that Damon can give the ok to share.

ugcspawn

Post by ugcspawn »

on another note, I just news from my GML, and my kit was approved!!!!!

So all of you following my build or thinking on building a shadow guard, go ahead, it will be my pleasure to help out and answer your questions.

Gree23

Post by Gree23 »

Congratulations!!!! So happy you got it approved!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk