Emperor's Shadow Guards

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

kivas

Re: Emperor's Shadow Guards

Post by kivas »

Teaser Pic
Last edited by kivas on Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

That looks fantastic!!!! I can't wait to see more. :shadow:
Is that a kama or a set of tabbards that you're wearing?
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Kivas that looks really nice. Is that with the flash on. That's the thing with the black costumes .... We just don't show up well on film. The greeblies look great. Can you get closer shots of those. Looks really nice.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

kivas

Post by kivas »

It is a Kama, and the flash was off in this shot as I wanted the saber to show up.

I'll add some more pics soon.

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Looks awesome!!!

I only hope mine looks as good!

:shadow:
Jonathan 'Squirrel' Cardin
TX-4361 FL Garrison, Tampa Bay Sq.
Building a ROTS Guard. . .

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

That is fantastic!! I really like the tone of black that you used. I think that using a high gloss black wouldn't look as good, but that satin finish is perfect!!

Are planning on doing any runs of the armor sets? If so what would ballpark a timeline and cost to be?? I would definately be up for one, my wife might not agree....but that's alright! LOL!
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

:o The guard before the wife. Such Dedication. We do not supply DOG HOUSES as shelters.
Good Luck.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

At least your helmet will keep your head dry while you're sleeping outside :P.
Just kidding :trsuit:
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

You guys!!

No actually my wife is pretty supportive about the costuming/trooping. My whole thing is just to make sure that I keep the delicate balance of holing up in my basement 'til the wee hours of the morning hopped up on caffeine and spending time with my family.

Actually, I won't be ready to start a Shadow Guard for a while anyway, I have a TX kit that is begging to be assembled. The helmet is about 10%, and the rest is at 0%.

Besides, my dog doesn't even have a doghouse......I'de be sleeping on the lawnmower out in the shed!
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

kivas

Post by kivas »

I really wasn't planning on doing any runs of anything, simply due to time constraints.

I will post more pics etc once the proper channels have had a look at what I have done.

No trying to be cagey here, I just want to make sure I don't need to tweak things just yet before posting more pics.

For the paint - I went satin black krylon fusion - with about 4-5 applications of dullcote to give it that look - looks much better in person - then again I am biased :)

I tried to make sure all the details as possible are there - including the two groove lines in the belt.