Emperor's Shadow Guards

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Emperor's Shadow Guards

Post by Ang »

Discussion here.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Emperor's Shadow Guards

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I'll start digging up stuff to this one. Bill your assistance on this please.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

Well essentially they're all the same...just colors and buttflaps. :D

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I seem to have a sharp pain in my back tonight...
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Post by sl9911 »

Ok thinking about doing a shadow guard, now my question is why is this not approved yet. Basically the initial one is just the black guard
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?imag ... ow%20Guard]

So I am going to have ladyghost make me a black robe. Should I have it done the same as the royal guard 3/4 with 1/4 front removable?

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

I would hold off on the robes until we get an exact clarification. We're doing research to find out exactly what armor and robes the character wears.

LT can explain in detail, probably as soon as he sees this post. :P

I've yet to play or watch the game, but the Shadow Guards are NOT like the toy. If I'm not mistaken, they do not wear robes in the game, or if they do, they are a unique NEW robe style with a split down the back. In the case that they do not wear robes, I believe some form of black robe will be allowed, I'm just not sure which style that will be.

This costume is not approved yet because:
1. We were waiting for the game to come out along with the other TFU products, thus providing 3 sources for the character.
2. An accurate final product costume has not be created and submitted by anyone yet (again...due to waiting on the game)
3. A Costume Requirement Standard has not been completed yet.

Bill and Stephen hvae both been hard at work on costumes, and while both appeared at Game Stops in costume, neither costume was 100% finished and was based partially on guess-work at that point.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

kivas

Post by kivas »

I think what will also be difficult as stated ,the game renders compared to book still/ concepts

such as the pic above shows the shoulder bell with not a lot of curvature to it.. .yet in others they look like they could be a smooth version of Commander Cody's.

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

I am actually working on bells for the Shadow Guard. I just need another armor party to tinker with them some more.

- Bill

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Post by sl9911 »

is it not imagination but the chest and back plate are storm trooper.

The belt is tie/officer.

This is what I saw on the one on cloud city.

tavrikgannon

Post by tavrikgannon »

You are partially correct.

The chest piece does look to be a TK chest plate, but only it is trimmed more than the typical chest piece. The back plate appears to be Jango Fett back plate.

One could use an officer's/TIE pilot belt, but the only catch is that those belts have an obvious silver disk (that would be the snap that binds the folded piece of the belt around the buckle keeper). So the belt would have to be done differently.

That is my take on it.

- Bill