Project: Shadow Guard

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Hardhaus

Project: Shadow Guard

Post by Hardhaus »

Hi..
In this thread I will keep an updated post on my costume.

I got alot of questions.. I have been scouting the forums while waiting to be accepted as a forum member and been reading the post about the shadow guard, but still few questions left me alone.

I will just say it now..this will be my first costume and so on.. My GF has opened a new world to me, so to speak, so i am stepping into it.

Here's few of the questions I got:
Triple Velvet - There is 2 sorts of it..the shiny one and the normal black..wich one suits best. I was going for a shiny show-armor, but think it will be too much. My idea was having a shiny armor with a normal black cloak. And how much velvet do I need?

Suit - I do have a martial art pants who looks could be a perfect fit, but I was going for the complete full suit, would hate having the shirt move up or the pants move down. So I have been looking at a single layer race suit and a jumpsuit from the army. Or is it better if someone could sew one.. For me it leaves alot of questions.

Armor parts - I have no idea how to make the parts..I have been working with fibreglass few years back, but that's about it..had few ideas in my head, but was waiting till I could write a post here too see if i can get better idea..

Sabre Pike - Yikes...My idea here was to get a Hyperblade and have it on a Pike. But the cool part would having the blade descend into the pike when you turned the blade off. After looking at screens few times i find it hard to complete. And have not found a single website on the internet who can actual make one, and that leaves it up too me im afraid.

This are few but important questions who have been roaming my head for days. I got no contacts in the world of costuming and are starting fresh, so if anyone could give me pointers and directions i would highly appreciate it.

Sincerely Yours
Hardhaus :shadow:

Hardhaus

Re: Project: Shadow Guard

Post by Hardhaus »

Here is a small rundown on the helmet. I will order a helmet from http://www.vegatransports.com.au/austra ... Guard.html

It is a Australian made helmet - No idea if it's good or not but it is what I have been recommended to get.

Plan is to remove the red color and add the usual black color, will see if i want it shiny black or not.
The cool part will be to add 1 or 2 red LED lights inside the helmet to add a menacing effect over it. Will see if I can get one of those expensive glasses to block anyone from seeing my face from it.
Also the additional Fans, will have a look at a great thread i found on the forum bout adding fans :)

Any comments on the helmet from Australian? think it was an Altmann helmet.

Best regards
Hardhaus

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hello, first off, you'll find that we're pretty quiet around here, save for the XO. Second, good to see another person interested in this kit. As for the helmet, good luck getting the intel you want!

:shadow:
Jonathan 'Squirrel' Cardin
TX-4361 FL Garrison, Tampa Bay Sq.
Building a ROTS Guard. . .

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

I've noticed :)

Found a person who can make the armor bits..only thing i wonder about is what kind of fabric is used for the undersuit, kinda does my head in hehe.

hardhaus

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Give me a day to work out the crl with pictures and I can get things rolling for ya.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Love the sound of that, so thanks :)

But a question..
Is the Shadow Guard a 501st approved costume? Got word back from the GML in Nordic Garrison that the Shadow Guard was not an approved costume..but Kiva did get his approved by 501st?..i am a little bit confused :emp:

But if it's not approved I will just continue with the Shadow Guard and get a Royal Guard package (goes for roughly $600)..'cos then i will solo troop with the Shadow Guard out of pure awesomeness :shadow:

Sincerely yours
Hardhaus

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Yes the shadowguard is an approved costume. It was approved back in August 27, 2009.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Thanks for the answer Sir, will give the link to the GML

Hardhaus

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

I am uncertain about one thing...Kama..is that the suit that goes under the armor?

Thanks for posting the CRL list, was a great help :)

hardhaus

Hardhaus

Post by Hardhaus »

Question:

The cape, is there a Inner cape and a Outer cape? Or is it just a Outer cape outside the armor parts..?

Been juggling between Velveteen and Velvet.

Would be nice if someone could post a picture of the clothing and what kind of fabricate it is.. :)

Yours
Hardhaus