Aussie Shadow Guard

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Gruntsky
TKID: 67890

Re: Aussie Shadow Guard

Post by Gruntsky »

Quick update time!
*Boots have arrived and are currently at the shoe repair shop having the calves stretched a bit as they are just a touch too tight.
*Belt is complete and ready to go.
*Undersuit arrived today and is currently undergoing cosmetic surgery to remove all of the external pockets.
*Kama pattern has been designed and I'll be putting together a prototype in the next couple of days to make sure it sits correctly before making the final version.
*Armour is all trimmed, sanded and primed, just awaiting a final coat of matt black paint.

Full steam ahead!

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Going great now! You’ll be a Guard soon. Well done.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Gruntsky

Post by Gruntsky »

Thanks Scott! Got everything together now, just a matter of finishing it all and suiting up!

Gruntsky

Post by Gruntsky »

Now that the undersuit has arrived and been de-pocketed, I've begun glueing the vambraces down. The rest of the armour and helmet will be wet sanded back today and given its first couple of coats of Matt black today.

Unfortunately, the calf stretching on the boots wasn't quite as successful as hoped, so they've been dropped back at the shoe repair place for another round of stretching, fingers crossed it works a bit better this time! If not, they may need a small panel added to the inside to accommodate my legs!

Gruntsky

Post by Gruntsky »

First layer of paint has been laid!

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Keep at it. Enjoying sharing the journey with you. You’re heading for approval!
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Gruntsky

Post by Gruntsky »

CrimsonGuard wrote:Keep at it. Enjoying sharing the journey with you. You’re heading for approval!
:shadow: :D

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

Your kit is looking great thus far. Most excellent work there trooper! As to your question relating to where that image was from... If I remember correctly it is artwork from a book or game pic but I cannot remember exactly. The CRL is based off of the game models and the good news is that the shadowguards in the games do "NOT" have the rivet off to one side. So a glued together belt will be much more accurate. I am looking forward to seeing another shadow being added to the list. May the emperor smile upon you trooper!
:shadow:

Gruntsky

Post by Gruntsky »

Thanks mate! I'm enjoying putting together the Shadow Guard and very much looking forward to finishing it and getting kitted up. Luckily I glued the belt shut and left the snap off! Unfortunately I've had a setback with the boots in that they weren't able to be stretched enough to fit my calves AND my pants, so back to the drawing board for them, but I'm hoping to have the rest of the costume finished in the next week or so. I was hoping to have the costume ready for a May 4th troop, but finding a decent pair of boots in Australia is proving rather difficult!

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Post by Arminius »

Check these boots from Imperial Boots:
https://www.imperialboots.com/product/jackboots/
"In my book,experience outranks everything."