Shadow Guard build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Shadowhawk01
TKID: 25106

Re: Shadow Guard build

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Allan1313 wrote:
Shadowhawk01 wrote:
Allan1313 wrote:Try looking at Soviet boots, these are the ones that I use. I like this style much better as it doesn't have a zipper. I know you said you have wide feet, I can measure mine and see if they may work for you.

http://www.sovietboots.com/long-boots/9 ... oots-.html
That would be a great help, I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could offer. I see they have a pair in my size but how is the calf diameter and are they tall enough? They don't look like they are knee high.

So I have the size US 12.5 and am 6'2" tall. As you can see from the picture they are only a few inches from the bottom of my knee cap.
They are approximately 18 3/4" tall and the inner measurement around the top is approximately 16 1/2". Hope this helps :trsuit:
Thanks Allan! I appreciate the photo and measurements and these boots like most of the others are jsut to narrow around the calf. I need something that is about 22.5" to even think about getting a pant leg into and after reading Maxall's post I went to the CRL and took a long hard look at the boots and the requirements and I realize that none of the boots I mentioned or Funtasma boots meet CRL approval guidelines. I have talked to Gio at Crowprops that does a lot of boots for 501st costumes and he said that he can do a pair of custom officer/equestrian boots for $275 plus shipping. I was hoping to avoid paying that much but I would rather do this right the first time instead of low balling it and then having to end up spending more money in the end. This will definitely make this project go longer but in the end it will be worth it.

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

No problem. The custom boots are probably your best bet.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Hey all, its been a little bit since I started this thread and I am still slowly working on this. I am hoping to order my armor is the next month or so but I have a couple of questions. My first one is I know that Walt's Trooper Factory has just started making a TFU Shadow/Royal/Senate guard armor and helmet set. I have thought about ordering that set from him but I saw this today on Etsy and wanted to ask if you all thought this was approvable? https://www.etsy.com/listing/687905558/ ... ef=hp_rf-2 It would be ready in about half the time and is slightly cheaper as well.

My second question is I am thinking of going with a TFU Senate Guard build but I cannot find any color references for the helmet/armor. The CRL is still listed as a Work in progress and has no images or info. Could some one please point me in the right direction on the color please?

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

The kit looks pretty good. The only concern I would have is the ab plate looks too narrow. The rest looks nice and would work. I would get a 2nd opinion on that ab plate.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Allan1313 wrote:The kit looks pretty good. The only concern I would have is the ab plate looks too narrow. The rest looks nice and would work. I would get a 2nd opinion on that ab plate.
Thanks for the comment and pointing that out, I am trying to get in contact with the seller to find out the actual dimensions of the AB plate.

Jatharious
TKID: 76538

Post by Jatharious »

Salutations. If you are looking for armor, there is also Lukannon Armory or Kamino Customs on Facebook. The difference between the TFU guard builds is the color of the Armor, Kama and visor. The Royal has a red visor with red armor and a red kama, the senate has black visor with blue armor and a blue kama, While the Shadow has a red visor with black armor and a black Kama.
I hope this helps.
Good luck on the build.

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Jatharious wrote:Salutations. If you are looking for armor, there is also Lukannon Armory or Kamino Customs on Facebook. The difference between the TFU guard builds is the color of the Armor, Kama and visor. The Royal has a red visor with red armor and a red kama, the senate has black visor with blue armor and a blue kama, While the Shadow has a red visor with black armor and a black Kama.
I hope this helps.
Good luck on the build.
Hi thanks for the info on Kamino Customs, I hadn't heard of them yet, and I will check them out. The info on the visor was helpful as wee. Do you happen to know if there is a specific shade of blue that needs to be used for the Senate Guard or does it just need to be something that looks close to the screed version?

Jatharious
TKID: 76538

Post by Jatharious »

That is a good question. The detachment command staff are the best ones to ask. But there has been one person approved for the TFU Senate guard build, and that is TR 25469, and his armor color is very similar to the color of the prequel senate guards. But would ask the command staff or the other person to ask is the o
ld detachment commander, LuciousTalvloinne. He has been incredibly knowledgeable on problems like this.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Well got my armor ordered Walt's Trooper Factory was having a sale and I got in on the last slot! Here is an image of what his armor looks like. He also said it could be done as early as next week!

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

Nice! Good luck on the build.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison