Shadow Guard build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Shadowhawk01
TKID: 25106

Shadow Guard build

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Greetings all,

New Shadow Guard to be here, I go by Shadowhawk and I am currently part of Garrison Titan but currently working overseas in Iraq. I have lurked here a little bit in preparation before starting. Currently I have a set of coveralls from RedCap but I need to get the bottom half tailored to take in the legs and bring the crotch up a bit. For now I also have my belt and gloves from my pilot costume until I can get new ones. A member of GT who had a spare Royal Guard helmet was awesome enough to donate it to this build. I am going to be getting my armor from Walt's Trooper Factory which leaves the boots. I wear a 13EEE boot and have 22 inch calves so finding boots is difficult at best. I was able to find a pair of approvable engineer boots for my TIE pilot costume and I am wondering if a pair of 16" Engineer boots with the lower strap would be approvable?

I have also noticed that almost everyone seems to mount their Kama to their belt with velcro or glue. Can you sew the Kama to the coveralls as an approvable method as well?

Hope to have images soon ... well as soon as I have something worthy of posting.

Here is an image of the helmet I was given.

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Re: Shadow Guard build

Post by Maxall »

Welcome Shadowhawke. I'm waiting for my BBB from Walt as well.

I picked up some sewing hooks for my kama to attach it to the flight suit. Instead of sewing it directly on or attaching it to the belt. Seemed a bit more flexible to me.

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

While you could sew the kama to the coveralls, actually sewing it to the belt is a better approach due to the belt moving while you are in costume it could shift
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

I use Velcro on the belt to attach the Kama. I think it's actually easier and a little better. Like Stephen said, if your belt shifts up of down it could expose the top of the Kama and reveal the stitch line. Just my $0.02.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:While you could sew the kama to the coveralls, actually sewing it to the belt is a better approach due to the belt moving while you are in costume it could shift
I hadn't considered that with my idea. With my TIE costume I don't have anything attached to my belt so I really don't think about it moving around during a troop. Velcro might be a better option in the event that the kama will need washing, and probably much easier as well. :shadow: :trsuit:

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Allan1313 wrote:I use Velcro on the belt to attach the Kama. I think it's actually easier and a little better. Like Stephen said, if your belt shifts up of down it could expose the top of the Kama and reveal the stitch line. Just my $0.02.

Using velcro will probably be the best bet I think. How do you attach the velcro to your belt? I tried to use some self adhesive backed velcro to hold the tongue of my belt without much success.

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Maxall wrote:Welcome Shadowhawke. I'm waiting for my BBB from Walt as well.

I picked up some sewing hooks for my kama to attach it to the flight suit. Instead of sewing it directly on or attaching it to the belt. Seemed a bit more flexible to me.
Hi Maxall, I like your idea and will have to check out that option as well. I can't wait for my armor. I ordered a helmet as well so which ever one fits the best will be the one I wear while the other will become a display piece for my wall. Have you figured out what boots you are going to go with?

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Post by Maxall »

Going to wait for pay day and order a pair of officer's boots from Imperial Boots:

https://www.imperialboots.com/product/officer-boots/

What are you doing for the belt? The one that I ordered from Anovos doesn't have the incision on the belt like the CRL. Noticed that a week too late.

My build thread is below:
http://forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3390

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The grooves can be hammered in with a mallet into the leather.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Shadowhawk01

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

Maxall wrote:Going to wait for pay day and order a pair of officer's boots from Imperial Boots:

https://www.imperialboots.com/product/officer-boots/

What are you doing for the belt? The one that I ordered from Anovos doesn't have the incision on the belt like the CRL. Noticed that a week too late.

My build thread is below:
http://forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3390
The belt I have for my ANH TIE pilot has the groves in it already so I will make it mullti purpose for both costumes. Now I did find someone on Etsy that makes the belts to 501st CRL standards with the groves and when I noted them they also said they could make the belt without the silver button as well. Here is the link for you. https://www.etsy.com/listing/629221573/ ... ?ref=hp_rf

My biggest problem is going to be getting boots. I have a 13EEE foot and huge calf's so I am worried I am going to have to order custom boots and that isn't going to be cheap.