Inner robes and gloves color

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

GJasmin

Inner robes and gloves color

Post by GJasmin »

Hello guys, working on a ROTJ set.

I was wondering about the inner color. I know the inner robes and sash should match fabric and color, but what about gloves and outer robe lining ?

Since the gloves need to be worn underneath the inner robes sleeves, I'm wondering if the color difference should be a concern ? Or will it be approved as long as the color respect the CRL ?

Thanks

Including 2 pictures to show color difference, with and wihtout flash, as the real color are hard to represent...

Echo
Detachment Webmaster
TKID: 12132

Re: Inner robes and gloves color

Post by Echo »

Those colours look pretty darn close to me. Reds can be a bit tricky to match because they tend to 'change colour' depending on the light. I'm not a GML, but I'd be okay with that match.

As for the inner robe, CRL just states 'burgundy or wine color velvet or velveteen.' The CRLs for the other two red guards say it should also match your inner robes, but ROTJ doesn't say that, so I'm not 100% sure how to advise you on that part.
---
Emily McRae
GEC/GWL - Outer Rim Garrison
DPRO/DWM - Sovereign Protectors

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Inner robes and gloves color

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The loves need to match the same fabric as the Inner robes. Hense being the same al the way though. Velvet gloves.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard