Shadow Guard cloak

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Shadow Guard cloak

Post by Force Crush »

I don't know if this question has been made or answered before but he we go.
What's the correct pattern to do a Shadow Guard cloak?
A while ago I read someone say that the pattern must match exactly as a AOTC Royal Guard robe. How true is that?

Force Crush TR-16851

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Shadow Guard cloak

Post by stripes »

Force Crush wrote:I don't know if this question has been made or answered before but he we go.
What's the correct pattern to do a Shadow Guard cloak?
A while ago I read someone say that the pattern must match exactly as a AOTC Royal Guard robe. How true is that?

Force Crush TR-16851
If you are wanting the cloak, it does match the AoTC Outer robe. All other components, including armour are still required for approval of this costume. The Outer Cloak/Robe is optional.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

There is an extra cut in the back of the robe. So basically it is the AotC Outer but with an extra slit in the back.

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

How long should the slit be?
Thanks for the information, guys!

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Right between your shoulders

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

The slit goes from the shoulders all the way down to the feet?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I will get you a photo of said "cloak"
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Thanks for your help!

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g33 ... mfraro.jpg

I will keep looking for better pictures. If you still have a photobucket account you might be able to see the link above when you paste it into your browser. You can barely see the split
in the middle of the back. Mine goes all the way up to about an inch under the bucket.

Here is another picture from the back.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g33 ... de40zf.jpg

Here is a goofy pose with the cloak in the combat ready setup. The sides are wrapped around the arms and the front panel is thrown over a shoulder.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g33 ... mubp4p.png

Hope those pics help you some.

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

Ok so I sat down and took some pictures of my shadowguard cloak. There are a couple of mistakes and modifications I should warn you about right away.

Number 1 I made the mistake of ordering the heaviest velvet you can buy outside of the theater curtain velvet. Don't do that if you want to wear it in the summer. My cloak weighs just over 35 pounds as a result!

Due to the weight of the fabric the split needed to be a little lower in the back in order to give my cloak the strength needed to not tear itself apart. The split still extends to underneath my bucket though so with the helmet on no-one will know.

Also the fasteners used are not screen accurate nor is the choker/fastener but none of that is in an area that is seen unless you or your handler are kitting up/assisting. If you choose to use a lighter fabric you can get away without the modifications that are on mine. I have also included pictures that show how you go from the resting position to the battle ready position. (Cloak rear panels are wrapped around the arms and the center front panel is thrown over a shoulder.

I have found that it is much easier to extend your arms out to the sides and then wrap them around to your back and insert your hands into the central panel split in the back of the cloak. Then just push your hands forward and the side panels wrap up all nice and tidy.

The front panel can be done by yourself but it is MUCH MUCH easier to have a handler help you. I have been considering adding a few of those super strong neodymium magnets on the inside of the cloak so that when it is thrown over the shoulder it will just "STICK" in place.

I have also included a green screened picture of what the cloak looks like when in the "battle ready" pose. Most of the time when I decide to walk around with the cloak on for an extended period of time I make it a point to lift my bucket up and have the front panel lay flat on my shoulder and then put the bucket back down on top of the panel. That helps keep it in position for as long as I need to keep it there.

Hope this helps.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/Batsk/library/Cloak