Speederbikechase's Shadow Guard WIP

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

speederbikechase
TKID: 28780

Re: Speederbikechase's Shadow Guard WIP

Post by speederbikechase »

Worked on the Kama and I got a good bit done on it today.

Took some measurement I got from Force Crush and made a pattern template. I used the backside of some gift wrapping paper to make the pattern because it has the 1" grid on the back.

I pinned the template to the fabric then cut it out, adding a few inches to the length for my height.

I then pinned the cut Kama together and got a SW belt I had and tried it on just to see how it will mostly look when it's all sewn up and finished.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to wait and sew it up once armor and correct belt gets here so I can get a better feel for the length and width of it with the new belt and added ab plate.

Let me know of anything I could do better or any advice you can give me on anything I've posted so far! Thanks for the help everyone!

-Cory :shadow:

Cory Wilson | TR 28780 | Carolina Garrison

pben
TKID: 25828

Post by pben »

That's a nice looking one!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The Kama comes too far forward on you. It should line up with the middle of your thighs and not wrap around to the front of your leg

speederbikechase

It will be taken in a few inches on both sides. It's doubled over and not sewn together yet. Same with the length. It might be a little shorter than it is in those pics. I'll have a little play with the length though. Is the length as it is now good?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

speederbikechase wrote:It will be taken in a few inches on both sides. It's doubled over and not sewn together yet. Same with the length. It might be a little shorter than it is in those pics. I'll have a little play with the length though. Is the length as it is now good?
The length should sit at about your knees when it is all sewn together

speederbikechase

stripes wrote:
speederbikechase wrote:It will be taken in a few inches on both sides. It's doubled over and not sewn together yet. Same with the length. It might be a little shorter than it is in those pics. I'll have a little play with the length though. Is the length as it is now good?
The length should sit at about your knees when it is all sewn together

Yeah, I'm gonna do some more to it once the armor gets here! And good news, I was just told It'll be shipped out on Monday! I didn't wan to sew it or do much testing with it until I got the ab plate looking right and fitted.

speederbikechase

This recently came in and I love it! Now.. just waiting on the armor and I was told I would have shipping info for it by tomorrow! FIngers crossed. The last piece could be on the way tomorrow!!

- Cory :shadow:

speederbikechase

Here's some updates on my build!

My armor arrived on Valentines Day.

It all came in a relatively small box and was pretty dirty and all scuffed up. I wasn't 'really' worried about that since I'm painting it anyway. I then noticed that the ab plate was cut... Both of the sides were cut off and I was going to need those parts because I was going to have to mod it anyway to get it looking like crl. Then I noticed that the vambraces weren't like the ones in the pics from the armor I saw. So... I messaged the seller and he's replacing the ab plate and said he'd just build me the vambraces and send them to me with the ab plate. So, that's where I am with the armor.

Here's some pics of what I've gotten cut and sanded so far.

Had some good help, feedback and advice from some shadows out there! Carlos, Stephen, Justin, Dennis, and Damon. Thanks guys and all the others from this site, thanks, too!

Also got this nice box with wheels and a pull handle at Wal-Mart for $20!

So, just waiting for my ab plate and the vambraces to arrive. In the meantime, I'm going to get these 'finished' pieces strapped and sanded. I've got a friend here that's in the 501st and he's done quite a few builds and strapping jobs and he's going to help me at his shop.

So, hope to get this finished up soon and get out there and start trooping this build!

May the Force be With You!

- Cory :shadow:

speederbikechase

My new ab plate and vambraces came in.

I've done some work on the vambraces as you'll see down below but nothing yet on the ab plate.

The next thing I tries to tackle were my spats. None of the plastic the builder sent would cover my boots correctly in any way so I had to get an old, black trashcan that we never used and cut them out from that.

I then used some clamps and a heat gun to form them and get he shape right.

So, spats on, unstrapped, and shin armor taped on..

Next thing I wanted to do was get snapped and strapped. A friend in the 501st Carolina Garrison offered to help and I went up to his workshop and got
a lot of that finished up with just a little left to do here at my house.

Here's where I am so far with the build! Comment away!

Doing some painting today and tonight and will post later! MTFBWY!

-Cory :shadow:
Last edited by speederbikechase on Mon May 28, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Post by Force Crush »

Slowly getting there!
Great job!