Speederbikechase's Shadow Guard WIP

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

speederbikechase
TKID: 28780

Speederbikechase's Shadow Guard WIP

Post by speederbikechase »

Hello fellow and future Shadow Guardsmen.

I've had my helmet since around '99 with hopes of doing a Royal Guard but never got around to really finishing it. Ever since The Force Unleashed came out and I saw the Shadow Guard, I knew that was the one I wanted to make. After a lot of sanding, Bondo and paint, it's black now and my red, mirrored visor came in last week making it one step (of many more) closer to being finished. The visor's temporally in with tape and I think it looks so cool now.

I'll be posting WIP stuff here and any help, tips and encouragement will greatly be appreciated. I've also recently contacted a Shadow Guard from my local Garrison for help and tips so hopefully I'll be getting more stuff going soon and posted. And.. Looking through the threads has been a big help, too, so keep posting everyone. It's a big help to all of us starting out!

- Cory :shadow:
Last edited by speederbikechase on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cory Wilson | TR 28780 | Carolina Garrison

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Re: Speederbikechase's Shadow Guard WIP

Post by Force Crush »

Nice looking helmet!
Welcome!

speederbikechase

Thanks ForceCrush!!

Wife just asked me if there was anything I really wanted for Father's Day (other than what she's gotten me so far) and I said ""JUMPSUIT!!"" So, good news for me but I'd like some help with options on a good one to get. I've looked at a lot of them online but not sure what would be the best to get. Not wanting to spend tooooooo much on one but want to get good one. Link me up fellow Protectors!!

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

I bought my boilersuit in Ebay. It's around $35.

speederbikechase

ForceCrush, do you have a pic of it? Or a link?

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Go to EBay and look for item 110582705794.
I hope this helps!

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Any new updates of your Shadow Guard costume?

speederbikechase

Actually yes! I have someone making the chest armor and back armor for $30 and I found someone else who is doing the shoulder balles for $40. The only Shadow Guard in what will be my Garrison recommended the Shoulder guy and the other guy, making the top armor, lives in my town and is in the 501st, too, and he makes armor. So, things are looking better and I'm going to spend about $20 on some plastic and make the shin armor, the gauntlets and the spats myself.

So, yeah, hopefully it'll be together sooner than later!

-Cory :shadow:

speederbikechase

Hello fellow guardsmen! About to get really get off and running with my Shadow Guard build. I've just bought my armor kit and it should hopefully be shipping soon! I have some questions regarding some of the parts for the costume.

First one are the boots. I've found a pair on amazon and they look pretty good and was wondering if anyone else had these or if they're even approvable. If not, could someone point me in the right direction for some good, affordable boots. Here's the link to the ones I was looking at. http://a.co/cakZ9TF

Flight suit.. I've looked at a few on Amazon and some that have even been deemed approvable, but I want one that's not too baggy and a little more fitted. So, if anyone has any recommendations on something like that, please let me know about that, too. Here's a few of the flight suits I was looking at. http://a.co/6ZLkARb http://a.co/a2ViSxj I really like the first one as it looks to be fitted a bit more.

Belt. I've found a few good looking belts and just have one question. Can the belt have the small, silver snap near the buckle. It's not visible in the control, but I've seen it visible in a few builds out there.

Thanks for your help and I hope to get this going and completed soon!

-Cory :shadow:

SugarDogZM3AK

Post by SugarDogZM3AK »

Hi Cory,
Greta looking helmet! I'm new to the Shadow Guard build very recently, but to really get going, I want to find a helmet first to make sure I'm making colors and looks. do you have a recommmendation on finding a shadow guard helmet in resin and not ASB?
-Brian